Georgia
14,252 Points
SunMoon&Stars is online. Last active: 04-30-2012, 2:31 PMSilver
-->
-->
imageQuesera:
imageDrinknDerive:
imageQuesera:

I get that it probably felt like a violation to her but this is the world we live in now and we know this before we get on a plane. She has no basis for a lawsuit and her complaint will likely just be filed with everyone else's.

The alternative is full on racial profiling and that isn't preferable either. 

I'm pretty sure that racial profiling is not the only alternative to a full-on strip search.

Yes it is. If the defense here is 'grandma doesn't look like a terrorist', then what does a terrorist look like? Should they only search likely suspects?

Look, I don't agree with it, and I would feel very badly for my mom if this happened and I feel particularly bad for the op's MIL given the PTSD but they're just doing their jobs. I'm sure they don't enjoy it either and I'm not surprised they're not all sunshine and roses while they do it.  

I don't think putting their hands on her crotch counts as "just doing their job".

Then again, the Nazis were "just following orders". 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: do a shot-- Nazi reference all up in here

• Options
    Fun fact: I had no idea about Godwin's Law until I joined this board.
    "To me, you are perfect."

• Options
    SGC29SGC29 member
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    People need to get more creative.  Like instead of comparing something to the Nazis, try the Khmer Rouge.  Or instead of calling someone Hitler, how about Pinochet?  It is like a slap in the face to all the other megalomaniacs and war criminals out there.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageiris427:
    People need to get more creative.  Like instead of comparing something to the Nazis, try the Khmer Rouge.  Or instead of calling someone Hitler, how about Pinochet?  It is like a slap in the face to all the other megalomaniacs and war criminals out there.

yeah, but we know her fromthe political board, and she's not any smarter over there. lol.

• Options
    LMAO.  I just saw that and commented, and then saw this post.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Totally the same thing.
  • Options
    Heather, I feel the need to redirect you to that post for my comment about racial profiling. I reaaaaaly don't want to go down as the chick who thinks that's a good idea!
  • Options

imageQuesera:
    Heather, I feel the need to redirect you to that post for my comment about racial profiling. I reaaaaaly don't want to go down as the chick who thinks that's a good idea!

I dont think anyone is going to disagree with you on racial profiling being a bad thing. ::glares at anyone thinking of disagreeing::

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Options

imageQuesera:

it's the "only alternative" phrase that is distracting from what you're trying to say.  Right Hug

• Options
    Because not everything's Stalin's purge OR the obliteration of the indigenous peoples of the Americas.  Ohandplusalso? When I say "purge" I think barfing and obliteration of the indigenous peoples of the Americas is just too bulky for message board fencing. 
  • Options
    imageHeather R:

imageQuesera:

it's the "only alternative" phrase that is distracting from what you're trying to say.  Right Hug

Fair enough.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"