Single Parents

UGHHHH so disgusted....

Background: My ex and I got together in '05 and married in '07. We separated in '09

In early '10 , after I hadn't heard from him in about 3 months he called me and asked me why I was taking so long to file for divorce. I said it's not free, it costs money! He basically said , Oh well! Since he wasn't going to file on his end because he didn't have the money either.

Anyway, I basically put him out of my head for a while and just worked on living my life for me again. I moved and went out with friends again and best of all had my daughter ( who knew I'd be thankful today for IF being discovered when we were unsuccessful in TTC)

After I filed my taxes this year I finally had the extra $ left over to be able to file the divorce papers. I really didn't think he would contest so I did not have him served and just mailed him the paperwork which he has just returned unsigned...

Now I have to refile the paperwork for an additional fee and then have him served where can still choose to refuse to sign and if he does then we have to go to court...

I thought this would be so easy( for lack of a better word) because we had no children or property together.

I have never been so regretful of meeting any one person in my life!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: UGHHHH so disgusted....

• I'm so with you there. My XH (who's legally still my H because we're both too poor to file the damn papers) is a cold SOB who wants nothing to do with me. If it were completely up to me, I'd kick his nasty @$$ out of my life forever, but unfortunately, with no legal divorce and DD to keep in contact with her dad, I'm stuck. I sincerely hope that your H just signs the paperwork. Men are such halfwits.
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am right there with you when you say that you have never been so regretful of meeting one person in your life.  My XH (still legally my husband) is so terrible.  He actually wants nothing to do with me (which is fine) or our son (because he can't "afford" to provide for him.) 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"