1st Trimester

Ultrasounds??

I am almost 6 weeks and am going to see Doc on Thurs. Due to having M/C prior to now, I want to ask for an ultrasound to ensure that the pregnancy is indeed viable and progressing normally.

Did anyone have ultrasounds early on like 6-7 weeks? If so were they regular or trans vanginal?

Is transvaginal safe?

Re: Ultrasounds??

• My ultrasound at 9 weeks was transvaginal, so I imagine one at 6/7 weeks would be transvaginal as well. If they weren't safe, I don't think they would perform them :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had one at 7 weeks and it was transvaginal.  Completely safe and I got to see my little bug and that sweet heartbeat!  
  • Loading the player...
  • I previously had a m/c as well and had a transvaginal u/s last thursday and saturday I also had a beta blood test which is what will indicate if all is well. My official appt isn't till may 24th at which time they will do another u/s.

The transvaginal u/s is safe ;) 

Good luck at your appt!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks and at 8 weeks (cause my midwife is awesome and orders them like they're candy). :) They did it on the tummy first and then inside my hoohaa (for the earlier one).  It's safe and comfortable, as long as you relax.

If you wait until after you're six weeks you can see your baby and the baby's heartbeat, most of the time! Which is SO AMAZING.   

The earlier ones are normally referred to as 'dating ultrasounds', to accurately date the pregnancy.  They take measurements of the gest. sac, yolk sac, and baby to get an EDD.  This early on, the date will actually be + or - 5 days, which is the most accurate it gets!  But since you did IVF, I'm sure that you have your dates right on. :) 

Good luck! 

• With my first pregnancy I had an u/s at 6 weeks 3 days. It was an abdominal one. They don't always have to be transvaginal.
  • I had one at 6w6d and it was transvaginal.
  • lycihlycih member
    I had a transvaginal u/s at 7w to see the heartbeat.  My OB normally does them at 8w, but with my prior loss, he scheduled me for 7w. 
    But like PP have said, it varies, office to office. 

::The sudden disappointment of a hope leaves a scar that even the ultimate fullfillment of that hope cannot fully erase:: Thomas Hardy

BFP #1: 07/08/11  EDD: 03/22/12  Missed miscarriage @ 8w: 08/11/11, stopped growing @ 6w6d
    BFP #2: 03/26/12  EDD: 12/07/12  We have a HB at 7w!! (04/20/12)  CSD born 12/12/12 
    BFP #3: 08/05/14  Chemical Pregnancy at 4w3d 08/06/14
    BFP #4: 10/02/14  EDD: 06/10/15  Miscarriage at 6w6d 10/22/14

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"