3rd Trimester
Options

How much tuna is considered harmful?

I'm craving tuna right now (one of the only cravings I've had while pregnant has actually been for fish fillets from McDonalds and tuna..) .. How much is too much to eat at one time? While my mom was pregnant she would eat 2 cans at a time 3x a day every single day and I turned out fine.. But I'm just wondering how much is considered safe by doctors and such.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
image image Blighted Ovum Due 4.20.13 Lost 09.19.12*

Re: How much tuna is considered harmful?

• Options
    I was told 3 oz if it's higher mercury, like albacore, and 6 oz for the chunk light stuff. Per week.
    For my little man...I only knew you in my heart. D&C 3/1/11 EDD 9/8/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageJaxonsmomma2012:
    I'm While my mom was pregnant she would eat 2 cans at a time 3x a day every single day and I turned out fine..

That is a LOT of tuna.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemabenner1:

imageJaxonsmomma2012:
    I'm While my mom was pregnant she would eat 2 cans at a time 3x a day every single day and I turned out fine..

That is a LOT of tuna.

My thought exactly. Doctors now days would probably advise against that much tuna lol. I am sure there is nothing wrong with having a can every few days though.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageRedRose87:
    imagemabenner1:

imageJaxonsmomma2012:

That is a LOT of tuna.

My thought exactly. Doctors now days would probably advise against that much tuna lol. I am sure there is nothing wrong with having a can every few days though.

I know. lol When she told me this my face was like 0_0 what? lol. But I'll watch my intake. Thanks guys

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    image image Blighted Ovum Due 4.20.13 Lost 09.19.12*
  • Options
    no more than 2x a week and white only
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"