TTC After a Loss
Options

Depression question...

Ok so here's what's going on with me. Non-existent sex drive, an overwhelming desire to NOT talk (out loud) about how I'm doing or about the greater picture (baby in heaven, how I'm dealing with the grief), and I don't know how to grieve... Any suggestions? I don't think going to a counselor will really help right now since I don't like talking about it...

Also, am I alone in this? Or is this somewhat normal?
"For I know the plans I have for you,

Re: Depression question...

• Options
    I was pretty much the same way earlier on. Honestly what helped me the most was writing a letter to DH about everything I was feeling. I had a hard time finding words to explain what I was feeling, but when I wrote everything out it was easier to have it make sense. Sometimes writing it out will help if you are struggeling to talk about it. Just remember that communication is so important in your marriage, so be careful not to shut your husband out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC Since Summer 2011
    BFP #1 11/5/11 EDD 7/22/12 MC 11/14/11
    PGAL/PAL Always Welcome
  • Options

I think its somewhat normal...thats not saying its necessarily healthy either though. I did a LOT of blogging early on. It was the only way I knew to "talk" about it. As time went on I've found I'm able to put my thoughts into spoken words but I still prefer writing. That being said, I still don't know how to grieve really...all I know is when I feel something I let myself feel it...otherwise it never goes away and it gets bigger and worse. I do see a therapist now though...and I talk with him about all of it. It helps but I agree...early on I'm not sure I would have been able to put my thoughts into words and probably would have just sat and stared at the therapist!

As far as the sex drive goes...I think that is pretty normal too. It could be hormone related as your body gets back on track.

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My doctor suggested I write a letter to my babies and do something to remember them by. I wrote the letter and then I planned on burying it with all the u/s photos and pregnancy paperwork and then planting two roses over top but then we started planning to sell our house and I didn't want to risk 'leaving them behind' so Dh and I both got matching tattoos to remember them by.

Married 07/17/2010
    Diagnosed with PCOS 10/20/2010 
    TTC since Oct 2010 
    BFP #1 March 31st 2011 Due December 10 2011 
    Missed m/c discovered June 2nd 2011 at 12w4d
    D&C scheduled June 7th 2011 at 13w2d
    Found out our baby boy had Triploidy XXY through embryopathology
    BFP #2 September 28th 2011 Due June 8th 2012
    Missed m/c discovered November 20th 2011 at 11w2d
    D&C November 29th 2011 at 12w4d
    Found out our baby girl had Monosomy X through embryopathology
    BFP #3 April 24th 2012 Due January 5th 2013
    Betas falling on 04/26/12 Chemical Pregnancy
    RPL testing done, multi nodular goiters on thyroid discovered.

BFP #4 November 22nd 2012, Due August 5th 2013
    Betas: 17 @ 9dpo, 62 @ 11dpo, 124 @ 12dpo, 321 @ 14dpo 720 @ 16dpo 13,805 @ 23 dpo 
    First ultrasound at 6w3d, hb 122 bpm. 
    Second ultrasound at 7w3d hb 143 bpm 
    Third ultrasound at 10w1d hb 167-170 bpm 
    Forth ultrasound 12w1d hb 167 bpm 
    Graduated rpl program, moving on to regular ob! 
    It's a boy! 

Little man was born August 1st 2013, 7lbs 8oz and 20.5 inches long

• Options

What you are feeling is normal.  I've found that writing helps.  I would write letters to my DH, my baby, or whoever was on my mind and then I would just rip them up.  It was just to get my feelings out.

I also had the same issues with going to counseling... but I just started going.  I realized that the way I chose to grieve was not working and I was getting stuck in a downward spiral.  It surprised me how easy it was to talk about my feelings to a complete stranger.  Oddly enough, it helps.  I don't have to worry about offended her, hurting her feelings, or anything.  I just say what's on my mind without any limits or filters.

Our baby boy,Logan, was born still at 19w3d on 7/1/2011
    Our 2nd baby boy, Mason, was born still at 20w3d on 1/31/2012

After a much needed sanity break... we are praying for our rainbows

((BFP 7/29/13))  ((EDD 4/12/14))  It's BOY/GIRL twins!!!

• Options

I suggest a book called ' grieving the child I never knew ' by kathe wunnenberg. It has really helped me a lot. The main reason I got it was b/c I saw a section in the table of contents called... Husbands and wives grieve differentley. Thats what I was really looking for when I bought the book. But it has helpped with so much more. After each reading section it has what are called STEPS TO HEALING: The book has a little section where it will ask questions or have you read a quote or something like that. It has like half a page of lines to where you can answer them in the book if you'd like to. I highly reccommend it. You can get it on Amazon for about $10.39.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Try writing, uncensored, then shred or burn it. Meditation and exercise are good too. When you're ready to talk, I'm here. I can also give you my therapist's info. She's great.
  • Options
    imageGatorBaby2012:
    Try writing, uncensored, then shred or burn it. Meditation and exercise are good too. When you're ready to talk, I'm here. I can also give you my therapist's info. She's great.
    I was actually gonna ask you who you went to Smile
    "For I know the plans I have for you,
  • Options

imageActingdiva09:
    imageGatorBaby2012:
    I was actually gonna ask you who you went to Smile

I'll send you a PM on FB. 

• Options
    Normal, yes. Healthy, perhaps not. And I only say this from personal experience. I was in deep depression for a long time and only started getting better once I went to counseling and started actively MAKING myself do things that I knew would make me happy and healthy. It was exhausting at first, but I realized I wasn't getting better because I wasn't trying. Big ((((HUGS)))). I know how hard it is, but I do know it's possible to feel better. that doesn't mean you won't ever be sad or have hard days, but I feel like I'm out of the deep pit I was in.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    My Blog: One Emerald
    BFP#1: 9-13-11 EDD: 5-26-12 MMC: 11-4-11 D&C: 11-8-11
    BFP#2: 7-6-12 Elizabeth Faye ("Zuzu") born 3-21-13
  • Options

I feel ya. I have started to paint and that has been very therapeutic for me as it has been a great distraction and a healthier one instead of vegging out in front of the tv and eating junk food.

So maybe try to find a hobby? I think your blog is a great hobby and seems to be a great release. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"