Secondary IF
Options

Confessions... on a Monday?

Is it too early in the week to have some confessions?

I'll go first!!!

1. I drank an entire bottle of wine at my anniversary dinner saturday... don't remember the rest of the night but I'm guessing we had fun!

2. Remember the friend who hounds me constantly with questions about her body, and TTC and refuses to learn anything on her own? The same one who is convinced she'll "never" get pregnant, even though she already has 2 DC and has only been trying 3 months?  I was, I hate to admit, relieved when she got her period last week.  :(

3. My apologies to Randine Lewis, I had melted chocolate and peanut butter for lunch yesterday. Ate it with a spoon.  Damn it was good.  ;)

Doriimage
"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!

Re: Confessions... on a Monday?

• Options

Ha ha ha - I love it.  Wish I had any juicy confessions of my own to share.

Good for you for enjoying your anniversary.  I would have felt the same way about your friend.  And chocolate and peanut butter sounds delicious!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

DD conceived after 3 years of ttc.
    MFI - DH had varicocele repair and took Clomid to get DD b. 02/2010

TTC #2 since 6/2010
    10/2012 DH diagnosed with Epilepsy
    A few failed IUIs summer 2012 and 2013. 
    DH taking clomid and waiting to see if he needs another vericocele repair. 
    Hoping for a 2015 baby or babies. 
    Wishing, hoping, waiting.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

1.  I had a bad weekend and was an emotional mess for most of it.  I have no idea if this is a sign of PMS, early pregnancy hormones, or just the damn hormones surging through my body from the clomid and/or progesterone.

2.  I am still feeling so resentful and envious of people around me pregnant with their 2nd, 3rd, etc... and I am working so hard and getting nothing out of it.  I am tired of feeling that way.  People were happy for me when I was pregnant with DS, the least I can do is feel the same way.

3.  I am trying to be positive, but I am damn scared that my period is coming which is why I haven't POAS yet.  I hate this sh*t.

4.  I wish I could SAH so I could be with DS more and drink in every second with him.  What if I never get this chance again?

Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    JMayJMay member
    imageWorkinWeezel:

1.  I had a bad weekend and was an emotional mess for most of it.  I have no idea if this is a sign of PMS, early pregnancy hormones, or just the damn hormones surging through my body from the clomid and/or progesterone.

Ha HA!!!  Laughing with you - the effects of progresterone SUCK!  In the midst of dealing with it now myself!!!

Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Miracle DD born 12.2005
    TTC #2 since Dec 2008 w/ PCOS
    ***P/SAIF Always Welcome***

Keep it Natural, Baby!
  • Options

1. Today is a bad day for me. I started spotting on CD 20 and I'm convinced that this spotting, whatever it is, is keeping me from getting pregnant. I have a beta test wednesday morning. I dont think I'm pregnant. I've cried 3 times today at work. I want to go home and crawl in bed and hide. 

2. There is a woman I work with who is pregnant with her first child after 3 rounds of clomid. She posts on FB all the time about how bad her morning sickness is. I figured she of all people would have the courtesy not to rub it in that she's got morning sickness...we get it! You're pregnant!

3. I made a chocolate velvet pound cake out of Southern Living Magazine complete with homemade chocolate ganache and ice cream. I've been eating it all weekend, even when I'm not really hungry!   

...wow, that felt good!!! 

TTC #2 for 18 months RE for 7 months progesterone=BFN/ clomid=BFN/ IUI#1 with clomid =BFN laparoscopy-Diagnosed with stage 2 endometriosis. IUI#2 letrozole/follistim combo...baby #2 due 3/23/2013
  • Options
    imageJMay:
    imageWorkinWeezel:

Ha HA!!!  Laughing with you - the effects of progresterone SUCK!  In the midst of dealing with it now myself!!!

So that's the culprit?  I was a friggin' mess.  Worst mom ever, worst wife ever, want to cry at the drop of a hat, frustrated by every single thing that happened, thought I would completely lose it.

Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    imageWorkinWeezel:

2.  I am still feeling so resentful and envious of people around me pregnant with their 2nd, 3rd, etc... and I am working so hard and getting nothing out of it.  I am tired of feeling that way.  People were happy for me when I was pregnant with DS, the least I can do is feel the same way.

3.  I am trying to be positive, but I am damn scared that my period is coming which is why I haven't POAS yet.  I hate this sh*t.

4.  I wish I could SAH so I could be with DS more and drink in every second with him.  What if I never get this chance again?

#4 exactly and I never used to want to SAH.  I actually negotiated more time off because of this!

Although I have to admit right now I am happyt we don't have another one/baby.  We are leaving for vacation in two weeks and I am SO happy not have a baby to drag around with us and not have to tote diapers, bottles etc.  DD is going to have so much fun at Disney and secretly I am happy it is just her so we can spoil her!

But then once AF appears I will be back to poor me I want another baby.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    1. I drank tequila, and a lot of it, on Saturday. Oh, and I smokeda cigarette. The tequila was amazing. The cigarette was disgusting.2. I saw a mother screaming at her 2 crying kids at the store thismorning. At that moment, I was happy I only had my one perfectangel sitting in the cart smiling.3. If this cycle doesn't work, I will be doing something wild. More wild than tequila;) Stay tuned!
    Conceived DD after 15 cycles--- TTC #2 since 11/10---Me- Poor egg quality and supply---DH- Poor count and motility---2 rounds 75IU Follistim/IUI-BFN---5/12 150IU Follistim/IUI-Over-produced! Converted to IVF! 0 fertilized:( Rescue ICSI performed. 2 embryos transfered-BFN

---------Game Over---------

Moving on as a family of 3
    Lou's Infertility News

<a href="http://s863.photobucket.com/albums/ab199/lillinzlou2/?action=view
  • Options
    Crap. Phone. No formatting :(
    Conceived DD after 15 cycles--- TTC #2 since 11/10---Me- Poor egg quality and supply---DH- Poor count and motility---2 rounds 75IU Follistim/IUI-BFN---5/12 150IU Follistim/IUI-Over-produced! Converted to IVF! 0 fertilized:( Rescue ICSI performed. 2 embryos transfered-BFN

---------Game Over---------

Moving on as a family of 3
    Lou's Infertility News

<a href="http://s863.photobucket.com/albums/ab199/lillinzlou2/?action=view
  • Options

I feel bad because I'm not more upset about the possibility of never having another one. I would be sad, but I wouldn't be wrecked and it would be closure. I read all the replies here and feel like less of a mom/woman because of it.

And on a less serious note, I drank my weekly allotment of alcohol on Saturday...oops. 

• Options

Ooh...I like this thread!

1) I go from being so sad and depressed around this time of the month (when I get BFN's and think AF will arrive in the next few days) to being anxious and not able to sleep around O time.Today for instance, I felt  a deep sadness because I got a BFN at 11dpo. But then other times, I'm worrying "oh my gosh...can I handle two? (My DD was extremely high maintenance and didn't sleep through the night til she was 2ish) Will my DD be ok and will she be happy? What if the baby isn't healthy? What if something happens to me in labor?" It makes me feel crazy.

2) I have a glass of wine a few times a week and I don't feel badly about it! Drinks

• Options
    imageKateMW:

I feel bad because I'm not more upset about the possibility of never having another one. I would be sad, but I wouldn't be wrecked and it would be closure. I read all the replies here and feel like less of a mom/woman because of it.

And on a less serious note, I drank my weekly allotment of alcohol on Saturday...oops. 

Kate, you are definitely not less of a woman/mother for feeling that way. I don't think I would be "wrecked" either...I feel so lucky to have DD and honestly a huge part of why we are even trying for another is FOR her. My husband especially feels that she is enough and he doesn't need more...I feel that way too but would also be sad if we couldn't have another and I'd have to come to terms with it. A lot of WHY I would be sad though, is just the loss of her having a sibling, blood nieces and nephews, etc. I know she will be surrounded by family no matter if they are blood related or not but it still bothers me. We're only willing to go so far with this and I will truly be very sad if it doesn't happen....but I'll be ok if that's the outcome. So please...don't feel badly. If anything, try to feel some peace that you know you'll be ok! :)

• Options

I'm with you. There are days that I feel badly because I know we would be fine with just one kid. Obviously, we want another baby and I can picture family vacations in the future and I remember all of the fun times I had with my brother growing up, but then I think about my age (37), the long, sleepless nights with a newborn, and I wonder if I can handle another one if it is high-maintenance like DS was.

Basically, it is a damned if you do, damned if you don't kinda thought.

Oh, and I am on a low-glycemic diet to help with my PCOS, and I have already started planning what I want to eat if/when this cycle is a bust. Then I'll get back on the wagon.

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• Options

JMay your number 3 sounds oh so good!

My Monday confession is that a coworker of mine just had her baby and (as horrible as it sounds) I found it funny the baby is cranky all the time.  Her entire pregnancy she made it very clear that she did not want a baby and was miserable so I feel it is karma coming back at her!

Oh and she was the one that told me several times to just "get drunk and relax and it will happen".   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker DD#1 3/04 *TTC #2 since 6/2010 EDD 1/30/13 changed to 2/4/13 we are having boy/girl twins!
  • Options
    SB524SB524 member

1. I've had 2 people in 2 days tell me that their #3 baby was a "complete oops". Angry Seriously? After two babies you don't know how they're made? Or oh wait, you're just so fertile that you sneeze and get pregnant.

2. I am so over my husband's job + Masters classes. If he isn't working 50 hrs a week, he's glued to the computer working on his class and DD doesn't understand why she can't go bother daddy when he's home.

3. My Drs can't decide if they want me to keep my uterus & ovaries. Yet they tell me to never get pregnant again. It's such a tease to keep my parts and not be able to 'try'.

7/09 miracle DD born
    3/11 DX: lean PCOS/anovulatory
    9/11 ovarian drilling to remove cysts + 5mg Femara = BFN
    10/11 5 mg Femara again = BFP, ectopic pregnancy at 5w4d
    11/11 diagnosed with breast cancer
    12/11 bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction
    http://annefightsback.blogspot.com
    Dori
    "Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards