3rd Trimester

how can I get rid of new furniture fumes in nursery?

We put the crib together more than a month ago....ever since, our babys nursery smells like the fumes from the new furniture.. We have tried leaving the windows open, door open, but the smell just comes back. I want to wash my baby clothe's, but I do not want the clothe to get the smell from the furniture. Has this happened to anyone? any suggestions on how to get rid of the furniture fumes?

Re: how can I get rid of new furniture fumes in nursery?

• There is an essential oil called Purification that is supposed to remove smells from things. I used it when I had a smoker friend come over and it worked. It's from young living.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • thank you for your advice! definitly will try these out!
  • Loading the player...
  • You can also buy a large can of ground coffee and open it and just set it in the room for a week or so. It will absorb the odors from the room. DH's grandma had to do that when she pruchased a used motorhome. The people smoked in it very heavily. She opened a can of coffee, left it in there for 2 weeks with the windows closed and it took the smell right out. It is worth a shot at least. Good luck! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Unless you bought green furniture the smell is called VOC'S volatile organic compounds. I have bought green furniture and used eco-friendly green paint in my nursery months ago to control the off gasing of new items. It takes a couple weeks to off gass, I think new carpet fumes and new furniture fumes take more time. I bought a green crib made in USA and organic mattress. You can't mask toxic chemicals
  • imageroxycarin:
    Unless you bought green furniture the smell is called VOC'S volatile organic compounds. I have bought green furniture and used eco-friendly green paint in my nursery months ago to control the off gasing of new items. It takes a couple weeks to off gass, I think new carpet fumes and new furniture fumes take more time. I bought a green crib made in USA and organic mattress. You can't mask toxic chemicals

This...likely its coming from the glues, stains/paint or plastics. Some things take a few days to off-gas...some never stop off-gasing.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • You don't have to do anything special besides open some windows (keep the room well ventilated). It takes a couple of weeks (sometimes up to 8) for the smell to get better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"