June 2012 Moms
Options

Growth Ultrasound

I haven't been posting much because we have been crazy busy! Anyways, I'm just curious how many people have had growth ultrasounds recently? I ask because I just had mine today and he is already 5 pounds! She said that they can be off by around 5 ounces either way but that he will likely be around 8.5 when he is born. I guess I'm a little worried that he is going to be a big baby because I still have 8 weeks to go! 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Growth Ultrasound

• Options
    I had one two weeks ago and she was measuring 4lbs 1 oz.  So at that rate, I would have a 8.5 lb baby if I went to 40 weeks.  However, the US tech said that they are in no way accurate and can be off by a pound or two in either direction.  That being said I wouldn't worry too much.  Women have healthy big babies and small babies all the time.  My friend recently had a 9lb 13 oz baby and had very little tearing.  My son was only 6lb 1 oz and lets just say, it took me 8 weeks to heal. 
  • Options
    I had one at 32w3d and my baby measured in at 5lb 4oz.  I'm not really surprised as I'm huge, I've had two large babies already (9lb 4oz and 8lb 6oz), and I have gestational diabetes.  That margin for error is more like a pound or two either way vs what she told you of just 5oz.  Keep in mind if baby is long, the thigh bone will be longer and will throw the equation off.  I'm not worried at all.
    ~DD born 3-25-10~DS born 6-5-12~
    imageimage
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had to have one today because I was measuring small.  Came in at 5 lbs, 3 oz, which is the 53rd percentile.  I wasn't too worried because I was warned that I might start measuring small when baby dropped (which it looks like they might have) since I have a long torso. That said, those measurements are not exact; it was more that I had been measuring right on time consistently and now I was small.  But I'm pretty sure it's position rather than anything else.  And I was pleased to find that baby was in the exact position I thought they were.  Head down, spine at my right side and tootsies on my left! :)
    TTC #1 9/2011  BFP 10/3/2011! (EDD 6/10/2012)   Aubrey Lynn, 6/17/12Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i had my routine growth u/s at 32w2d and he was 4lb5oz in 45th percentile.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've had 2.  One at 32 weeks 5 days & then 33 weeks 3 days.  Both said that he measured in the 90th percentile, I am not surprised due to the fact that my last one was 8 lbs 8 1/2 oz @ 37 weeks.  So I already figured he would be big & I have also heard boys tend to be bigger than girls.  My Dr. said that she would probably have me going in every other week to check his size & due to chronic hypertension.  So I guess we'll see how much he actually weighs when he's born.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    We just had an ultrasound today, and LO is measuring 6+ lbs, ~2 weeks ahead. He was measuring big during my 24 week ultrasound too, and my fundal height has been consistantly ahead as well. Either I'm going to have a bigger baby, or he'll be here sooner than expected! As it is, his estimated weight at 40 weeks is 9+ lbs (and I don't have GD).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Had mine today, they estimate her to be 6 pounds, 7 oz, or the 61st percentile.  That's a pound more than I weighed when I was born!  They're guessing that she'll be around 8 pounds at 40 weeks . . .
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had a growth ultrasound at 31 weeks and baby was already measuring in the 85th percentile and his estimated weight was 4 pounds 8 ounces!  The doctor thinks he will be 8+ pounds at birth. I do have GD though...so a big baby is expected. 
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"