Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Who BFeeds mornings and nights only? What's your experience so far like?

I'm currently pumping once at work. But as of next week I will stop pumping. DD turns 1. So I will be nursing her mornings and late afternoons when I get home and nights when I'm with her. I' wondering if at the beginning you feel uncomfortable at work, or do you always end up engorged???

Thanks

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Who BFeeds mornings and nights only? What's your experience so far like?

• Options
    I've been doing this for 6 months now (since DD was 3 months old and I went to work, she's been getting some formula and some frozen milk during the day).  I weaned very slowly and never had any problems with engorgement.  I would slowly cut back on the time that you pump. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I did this when my 1st hit a year. I felt a little full the first day or two, but it was a very easy transition & I don't remember feeling any actual discomfort. Your body will adjust quickly.

Married: '06 - Mom of 3 boys: '08, '11 & '14

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemrsjones06:
    I did this when my 1st hit a year. I felt a little full the first day or two, but it was a very easy transition & I don't remember feeling any actual discomfort. Your body will adjust quickly.

How long were you able to sustain just day & night. Did you feel like it was a meal or just comfort feeding? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageemilys629:

imagemrsjones06:

How long were you able to sustain just day & night. Did you feel like it was a meal or just comfort feeding? 

Great question!!! I want to know to...

Thanks for asking this.

• Options
    imageemilys629:

imagemrsjones06:

Great question!!! I want to know too...

Thanks for asking this.

• Options

I plan to do this - nurse when together, WCM at daycare. I still dream feed him at 10 and feed him around 3 or 4 am, so I expect I'll be nursing at least 4-5 x a day. That is definitely enough to supply nutrition.

From kellymom:

In the second year (12-23 months), 448 mL (16 oz) of breastmilk provides:

• 29% of energy requirements
    • 43% of protein requirements
    • 36% of calcium requirements
    • 75% of vitamin A requirements
    • 76% of folate requirements
    • 94% of vitamin B12 requirements
    • 60% of vitamin C requirements

? Dewey 2001

• Options
    imagetokenhoser:

I plan to do this - nurse when together, WCM at daycare. I still dream feed him at 10 and feed him around 3 or 4 am, so I expect I'll be nursing at least 4-5 x a day. That is definitely enough to supply nutrition.

From kellymom:

In the second year (12-23 months), 448 mL (16 oz) of breastmilk provides:

• 29% of energy requirements
    • 43% of protein requirements
    • 36% of calcium requirements
    • 75% of vitamin A requirements
    • 76% of folate requirements
    • 94% of vitamin B12 requirements
    • 60% of vitamin C requirements

? Dewey 2001

Thanks tokenhoser that is great info. Great answer especially for those asking me why would I stil BF her....I already got the: when are your stopping, she is almost one? lol.....My DD too has the almost the same schedule at night...she goes to sleep between 8-830pm. I dream feed her at 10, and then between 3-4am, and then at 6am, then again when I come back home at 6pm. It varies though sometimes is clearly for comfort, other times I can clearly hear her drinking a lot.  I plan to go with the flow...we'll see how it works.

Thanks 

• Options

The whole "after a year" section is really encouraging:

https://kellymom.com/category/ages/after12mo/

There are still tons of benefits to breastfeeding after a year, and part time definitely counts. DS got sick this week with a terrible sore throat - he wouldn't touch solids, but he still nursed. I don't know what I would have done if I wasn't breastfeeding. It can make things so much easier.

• Options
    imageemilys629:

imagemrsjones06:

I did this with DD.  We made it until 18 months but then she self-weaned (I think because I was hitting my second tri).  At about 16 months I started to feel like it was just comfort nursing.  She could spend the night at my parents and I didn't feel engorged or anything which is why I think that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I quit pumping 8 days ago and only nurse in the mornings and evenings now. We just sent the last of my freezer stash to daycare today too. She will eat all formula and solids while at daycare and nurse at home. On the weekends, I do about the same. So far so good. I have not felt uncomfortable at work going without pumping. and it's been fantastic not to haul my pump around every day and wash parts and bottles!!
    BFP 7/31/10 m/c 8/16/10
    BFP 10/25/10 Brynn Helen born 7/7/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"