Two Under 2
Options

Co Sleeping question

So my DS who is 15 months has gotten in to a routine of sleeping in our bed which started when he ahd a bad fever last month. I dont mind it too much since i know once the second baby comes i will not have that much time to suggle him like i to now. He starts in his crib but only makes it half the night. I want to get him sleeping in his own crib before the new baby comes in September.

Does anyone have any advise to get him back in his crib. Rocking him is getting difficult due to belly size increasing and crying out does not work due to DS throwing up everytime we have tried it.

Thank you

Re: Co Sleeping question

• Options

Make it a positive experience for him. Tell him he's going to start sleeping in his big boy bed. Involve him in the process of getting new sheets. Get him a special toy he can snuggle with of his choosing that he only is allowed to have in his bed when he's going to sleep. Talk it up with him during the evening hours and prepare him for it-dont expect you can just drop him in his bed, close the door, and he'll fall asleep. Give a 5/1 minute warning that you will be going to his bed to read a story/go to sleep.   

I'd do it a month or two before baby comes so he has time to adjust to his new place to sleep before he has to deal with another new adjustment. 

I've also heard of making picture charts on the wall of what his nighttime routine is (while also talking through it) the last one being a picture of his bed in his own room.

GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"