March 2012 Moms
Options

Tips on training little one to sleep on her back??

My daughter is 8 weeks old and suffers from reflux. Our ped suggested that she sleep on an incline (in her swing, car seat or bouncer) until the reflux subsided. She is feeling much better now thanks to Zantac so we are trying to transition her into her crib but she wakes up as soon as I lay her down flat!! Even though I swaddle her, she has never slept anywhere where she wasn't "snuggled in" and she wakes up as soon as she gets in the crib. Is this happening to anyone else? Any tips on transitioning and/or a safe way to make her crib more "snuggly" like her bouncer or swing? FYI, when she sleeps in the swing I don't turn it on so it isnt the movement she is missing. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! 

Re: Tips on training little one to sleep on her back??

• Options
    My LO didn't like to be on her back for the first few weeks so we would lie her in my nursing pillow to keep her on an incline.  If you want your daughter in the crib you could put the pillow right in there and then slowly lower her from sitting to laying over time.
  • Options
    I just purchased the wedge that goes under the sheet to raise him head a couple of inches. He seems to sleep good last night with it. It wasn't very expensive, worth a shot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"