Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Can we talk about facial hair?

Hi Ladies -

I've recently noticed that I Have more facial hair now than when I was on the pill. I googled this and found that other women have had this issue. It's not dark or coarse hair... it's fair and light, but I still notice it. I've mainly noticed it on my chin and on the sides of my face. Has anyone else had this? I mean...my doctor suspects I may have PCOS so I don't know if this has something to do with it? Also...any recommendations for creams/hair remover products? The only facial hair I've ever had to wax is my eyebrows so this is new to me! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! :) 

Anniversary
My Blog!
TTC #1 since 11/1/2011
Me: 28 DH: 29
DX: Hypothyroidism (2004) & Possible PCOS (2/2012)
CD3 b/w: Elevated LH:FSH ratio HSG: All clear! Y-shaped Uterus; SA: Normal
Round 1 of Clomid (50mg) 8/28-9/1: BFP!
BFP #1: 9/23/12 Edd: 6/4/2013. M/C 9/28/12 @ 4w4d
Round 2 of Clomid (100mg) 10/3-10/7: BFP!
BFP #2: 11/3/12 Edd: 7/16/2013. mmc discovered at 18w2d (our baby girl stopped developing at 15w3d due to Down's Syndrome). d&e 2/15/13
3/28/13: "quite a few" uterine polyps and scar tissue discovered.
Hysteroscopy (4/16/13): Polyps, Scar Tissue removed. Septate confirmed & removed.
Appt with new RE 5/30/13
Surprise BFP (with no treatment!) 6/30/13
Our perfect little boy was born 3/11/14 - 9lbs 2oz, 21 1/4"

Re: Can we talk about facial hair?

• Options
    vpinevpine member
    I use Nair Precision Face & Upper Lip kit for hair removal, I use it on the sides of my face only. I leave on for 10 mins and then use warm washcloth to take off, hair doesn't reappear for weeks.
    Me: 32, DH: 34.
    Trying since Jan 2011. Unexplained IF.
    2 IUIs = BFN.
    1 IVF (Dec 2013) = BFN.
    FET, 2 frosties (June 13, 2014)

14dp5dt-June 27 -BFP, beta 2061. 2nd beta >5000, 3rd beta >5000, 2 sacs 06/30.
    Twin Girls - 02/11/15 - at 37 weeks (no NICU, home with me at 3 days).
  • Options
    I do not have PCOS, but I have read that one of the symptoms is increased hair, including facial hair. Hopefully some of the ladies can help you out with hair removal suggestions. I have friends who wax or pluck unwanted facial hair.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've dealt with this most of my life and don't have PCOS...I'm just italian and it's hereditary :(  The best thing that has worked for me is electroysis b/c it's the only thing that is permanent.  Yeah it's not cheap and it takes a while but it is worth it for me
  • Options

imagenygirl07:
    I've dealt with this most of my life and don't have PCOS...I'm just italian and it's hereditary :(  The best thing that has worked for me is electroysis b/c it's the only thing that is permanent.  Yeah it's not cheap and it takes a while but it is worth it for me

Amen. I'm Armenian and am a hairy beast. I hate my facial hair.. but I don't do anything about it. =( Maybe I'll try the Nair thing? 

?TTC#1 since 04/11?CP 03/28/12?Me:Polycystic Ovaries&Endo??Him:MFI- Awaiting 2nd SA?
    ?Blog?
  • Options

Ladies, be super careful with Nair! I have ultra-sensitive skin and tried Nair once. I left it on for about ninety seconds, and it managed to give me a MAJOR chemical burn.

I am in the middle of electrolysis treatments, but I used to wax. I have fair skin and dark hair and it's a PITA, but you gotta do what you gotta do.  

TTC since June 2010.
    DX hypothyroidism, pituitary hyperfunction, and PCOS.
    On med/treatment break indefinitely. Not currently trying.
    Lots of love to all of my Golden Girls!
    The Vagtastic Voyage
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I just shave it. Odd, I guess, but its so thin and light it doesn't present any problems.
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageLollipopsAndCrisps:

Ladies, be super careful with Nair! I have ultra-sensitive skin and tried Nair once. I left it on for about ninety seconds, and it managed to give me a MAJOR chemical burn.   

This. Nothing sexier than explaining to your husband how you got a nasty burn from removing your 'stache.

TTC #1 Since Feb 2012
    Me: 31, DH: 32
    Bloodwork, HSG, and SA = All Good

RE Cycle #1: 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel, and TI = BFP on June 8!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Beta #1 115, Beta #2 244, 8 week ultrasound shows one beautiful gummy bear and heartbeat!

• Options
    I also use the Nair and have no problem with it, but I don't have sensitive skin either. Just try it on a small discreet patch of skin first. It does work great and lasts quite a while.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.13 Born 6.13.13
    photo 2546f8b6-17f6-4b55-b007-93a547c620b8.jpg

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageChancieMark:
    imageLollipopsAndCrisps:

I am in the middle of electrolysis treatments, but I used to wax. I have fair skin and dark hair and it's a PITA, but you gotta do what you gotta do.  

How is electrolysis working for you lolli? I've been thinking about it...

There is a place in town that does laser hair removal but I've heard conflicting opinions about how well that works too. 

So far, so good. It's a little painful, but no worse than waxing your armpits. THAT $hit hurts!

TTC since June 2010.
    DX hypothyroidism, pituitary hyperfunction, and PCOS.
    On med/treatment break indefinitely. Not currently trying.
    Lots of love to all of my Golden Girls!
    The Vagtastic Voyage
  • Options
    I havent noticed more hair since the pill, but I wax everything every 4 weeks!  My hair is light also, but I just like the feel of smooth skin :)

Ticker/Siggy Warning:  Children and losses mentioned

TTC #1 since 7/2011
    ME: 37  DH: 38
    SA-12/28/11-normal
    HSG-1/16/12-possible blocked left tube
    BFP#1---CP 7/9/12
    Hysteroscopy-8/9/12-blocked left tube for sure, proceeding with IUI#1
    IUI#1 (Gonal-F + trigger)=BFP#2 m/c @ 19w1d D&E 1/23/13
    IUI #2 (Gonal F + trigger)=BFP#3 EDD 1/6/14 TWINS!!!
    Identical girls born 11/17/13
    BFP#4 EDD 8/27/15 MMC at 7w6d

BFP#5 m/c at 6w

BFP#6 EDD 10/5/16  Going Strong!  It's a Girl!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    I've always had a problem with facial hair, but its 10x worse PP than it was before DS. I'm assuming, crazy BFing hormones are to blame. The only thing that I've found that works is waxing. I would love electrolysis someday. 
    imageimage
    BFP # 1- DS ~ TTC #2 since Jan. 2012 - BFP # 2 - "Baby Elsie" - Blighted Ovum - D&C August 22, 2012 at 7w3d, BFP # 3 - CP - December 30, 2012, BFP # 4 - CP - March 19, 2013 ~ First RE Appt. 4/24/13 Med cycle #1: 50mg Clomid and Trigger shot = BFN. Med. Cycle #2: 6 cysts found. No meds/rest cycle. Trying on our own = BFP # 5! Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 129 Beta #3 = 94 - CP - July 2, 2013. BFP # 6! Beta#1 = 21, Beta#2 =58 Beta#3 = 134. U/S shows heartbeat of 142 at 7w2d!
  • Options

I like waxing the best, but hate waiting for it to grow out enough to get it done, yuck! Maybe I am thinking it needs to be longer than it really does to work, though.

I do have PCOS and get a some course chin hairs that I pluck and then try to regularly wax my "sideburns", upper lip and eyebrows--all of which are overdue right now! LOL

DD1: Maya 05/10
    DD2: Lucia (Lucy) 07/13
  • Options
    ::cough::youneedabra::cough::
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I do have sensitive skin but may give the nair a try! 
    Anniversary
    My Blog!
    TTC #1 since 11/1/2011
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    DX: Hypothyroidism (2004) & Possible PCOS (2/2012)
    CD3 b/w: Elevated LH:FSH ratio HSG: All clear! Y-shaped Uterus; SA: Normal
    Round 1 of Clomid (50mg) 8/28-9/1: BFP!
    BFP #1: 9/23/12 Edd: 6/4/2013. M/C 9/28/12 @ 4w4d
    Round 2 of Clomid (100mg) 10/3-10/7: BFP!
    BFP #2: 11/3/12 Edd: 7/16/2013. mmc discovered at 18w2d (our baby girl stopped developing at 15w3d due to Down's Syndrome). d&e 2/15/13
    3/28/13: "quite a few" uterine polyps and scar tissue discovered.
    Hysteroscopy (4/16/13): Polyps, Scar Tissue removed. Septate confirmed & removed.
    Appt with new RE 5/30/13
    Surprise BFP (with no treatment!) 6/30/13
    Our perfect little boy was born 3/11/14 - 9lbs 2oz, 21 1/4"

• Options
    I get hair on my chin, I just pluck it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"