August 2011 Moms
Options

What was your 1st PP period like?

How heavy and for how long?

I'm asking b/c I was on the Depo injection for 2 injections and it wasn't agreeing with me so I stopped.  I think my body is trying to adjust and I've recently had PP hairloss and yesterday I started an insanely heavy period (changing tampon every 2 hours).  I was having irregular spotting before.  So, I feel like I'm going through what everyone else went through months ago.    I'm planning on calling the Dr tomorrow if it's still this heavy.

CafeMom Tickers

Re: What was your 1st PP period like?

• Options
    Extremely heavy. Extremely crampy. And lots of clots.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagered1976:
    Extremely heavy. Extremely crampy. And lots of clots.

Yep, this and extremely long. 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My first PP period was very similar to Crash's.  Not very heavy, and hardly any cramps.  I did bleed through day 7, but it was much lighter by then.  I've had a second period since then and all seemed pretty "normal" for me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My PP period was not that bad either. It was a little heavy at first then it was like my normal periods before. This maybe a bit TMI but a couple of times I did have a large tissue piece that came through. I plan to ask my Dr if that is normal but other than that my periods seem fine.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

Changing a tampon every 2 hours is insanely heavy?  I thought that was normal heaviness.   

Mine was just light spotting and lots of cramps.  However, it was at 7.5w PP, despite EBF.  So, I'm sure that factored in.  Each one since has been a bit different than prior to DS.  They're also usually heavier than before.  BTW, I consider bleeding through a super tampon in an hour or less to be heavy and bleeding through a super plus one in the same time or less to be extremely heavy.  It's basically the pad an hour rule.

BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • Options
    imageKaren1998:

Changing a tampon every 2 hours is insanely heavy?  I thought that was normal heaviness.    

For me, yes it is insanely heavy.  I didn't know I needed to defend myself on what is a heavy period...gees.  Having to change my clothes twice in one day and clean the chair...thats enough for me to call it insanely heavy.  

CafeMom Tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"