June 2012 Moms
Options

What will I need when baby first comes home?

My baby was born at 32 weeks. My shower was postponed until June... baby will probably be home before that as he's doing great in the NICU... just needs to gain some weight! 

Any advice on what I'll need when he gets home since I'll need to go out and buy it? I got a few gifts already (preemie/newborn clothes, bath, bouncer seat, and first aid kit)... we have a crib, a diaper bag, and we just bought the car seat. That's pretty much all we have at this point. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What will I need when baby first comes home?

• Options
    sam19sam19 member
    Diaper/wipes, sheets and mattress pad covers for the crib, maybe some stuff like diaper rash cream and gas drops, shampoo and lotion for the baby, a couple towels and wash cloths, some pacifiers if you plan on using them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • Options

Is he going straight to the crib?  Personally, I would want him closer to me in a bassinet or co-sleeper.  

Could they move your shower back up a bit?  It stinks to go out and buy things that other people probably already got you.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You just have to cover the basic needs. food, sleep, diapers, warmth.

Have back-up bottles because even if you plan on breastfeeding, preemie sometimes have trouble latching. A pump or formula. 

Crib, swaddle if you want to. crib sheets.

diapers, wipes, rash cream. 

Clothes, a couple blankets. 

Paci's are nice. Personally I would also get a boppi and monitor.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Diapers, wipes, diaper rash cream, lanolin (if yourBfing), pacifier, receiving blankets, socks, hats, oh and a diaper genie.  Congrats on your little one! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    bottles, breast pump if b-feeding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"