C-sections
Options

recovery question

I'm almost 2 weeks past my c/s. I was down to a panty liner, no cramps, no clots. Yesterday I started bleeding more and had to put s bigger pad on. When I pee, I leave small clots. I am crampy today. Normal? I thought when it started to get better, it wouldn't get worse. Should I call Dr or is this what many others have experienced?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: recovery question

• Options
    A week and a half is very early on for the bleeding to stop. I would think that kind of bleeding is on par for recovery as your uterus continues to shrink--that's what causes the cramping (and likely the bleeding). Nursing can also cause that as well. I would not be concerned.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Went ahead and called. Said it could be from too much activity or my period started. Only be concerned if it lasts longer than 2 weeks, pain gets intense or bleeding gets very heavy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine dwindled down to almost nothing and it has picked back up. Increase in activity = increase in bleeding.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine stopped and started multiple times, just when I would think it was all done it would start again. It stopped finally around 5.5 weeks pp, my son is now 14 weeks.
  • Options

I bled for a good 6 weeks after my csection. Some days were heavier than others. If you are concerned, it never hurts to call and check in with your Dr.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That is very normal. No need to call the doctor unless the clots are larger or you are filling a pad an hour. My bleeding tapered off and started up again for about 8 weeks.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    This just started for me on Friday at 3.5 weeks PP.  It's annoying!  I know I over did it and I think that my bleeding early on was just way too light and too good to be true for it to be almost over. 
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Options

imageJayhawk08:
    Mine stopped and started multiple times, just when I would think it was all done it would start again. It stopped finally around 5.5 weeks pp, my son is now 14 weeks.

This except my son is 14 months 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"