Natural Birth
Options

Labour Positions

I have a lovely Twitter friend who is currently enduring dreadful labour pains, although there are many articles out there it's sometimes nice to hear from those who know. I've had 3 children and can honestly say each pregnancy was different. I can't fully remember the first 2 but definately reme,ber the labour with the last and what worked really well for me was doing plenty of walking, I remember walking through all the halls in the hospital and would not stop until I was ready to have him! The other point I noticed was when I was getting early twinges I would sit down and they would pass, however this also paused the whole process so I persisted and leaned over the table and swayed from side to side. This eased the pain but kept the process going! What words of wisdom do you have?

Re: Labour Positions

• Options
    ah625ah625 member
    Anything but laying flat on her back. Our bodies are not meant to work against gravity.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I laboured on hands and knees with my doula and husband doing hip squeezes and back counterpressure. My baby was OP, so that's what helped the most.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Walking helped me the most, too!  Baby wasn't in a great position, so I did lots of stairs as well.  It helped her drop the rest of the way after I was stalled at 7 cm for about 14 hours.  Sitting was torture, especially on a birthing stool or toilet. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My best advice is that she follow her instincts. The right position for her is the one that she is most comfortable in. The two that I went to was hands and knees with my face in my husband's lap and his arms around me and in bed on my side. Walking was impossible for me... being upright at all was incredibly painful. Different women and babies need different things.
  • Options

With #1, on my side.

With #2, squatting.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I felt most comfortable squatting with the bar, but to get DS to rotate, I spent a lot of time on my hands and knees or hugging the back of the bed.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"