LGBT Parenting
Options

New Here!!

Hi!! 

My Love and I are at the very beginning of our quest to start our own family. We've planed to AI at home but were not sure on weather to find an actual donor or buy the goods and thaw them out. Can anyone give me any information about the pros and cons of both?! It would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Re: New Here!!

• Options

Hi and welcome.  There is an FAQ at the top of the board -- I would recommend checking that out as there is a section on choosing a donors (including why people chose known or unknown donors).

In our case, we are using frozen donor sperm from a cryobank because a) my wife is not comfortable with the legal complications of known donor use and b) we do not have a man in our lives that we would be 100% comfortable asking to be our donor.  But different people have different reasons for the choice they've made.

ETA: There are a couple of books out there on lesbian conception and pregnancy -- one by Stephanie Brill and one by Rachel Pepper -- and they also go into some of these issues.  If you haven't already, I would recommend reading them as they will give you a good sense of the entire process.

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome, and the very best of luck with your baby journey :)
    IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for the responses ladies!! I've been gathering information from everywhere lately. My love said she didn't know I'd be this geared up, lol!!

Thanks again!

Chriss 

• Options
    We used an RE because sperm is too expensive to just chance. I know ppl who were successful with home ICI, but we didn't want to risk it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"