Success after IF

_*_*_*_ Schmoodle and KME _*_*_*_ re: Chicago tomorrow

Sorry I'm just now posting this.

I got a follow up e-mail about the interview and they told me to be prepared for 2 hours.

Interview at 4:00 + 2 hours = 6:00

Rush hour traffic, security and a flight at 8:30.

Does that sound like enough time to squeeze in a get together or do we need to bail on the drink idea?

Shell

howley shel at yahoo

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.

Re: _*_*_*_ Schmoodle and KME _*_*_*_ re: Chicago tomorrow

• Honestly, even if you take public transport (which I would HIGHLY recommend with only 2.5 hours between leaving and takeoff - it could take 1.5 hours in rush hour just to get to the airport from the loop if you take a cab and the el to the airport is literally across the street from where you're interviewing) I'd say it's probably not gonna happen.  Super bummed to not have a chance to meet up, but you also don't need one more hurdle/distraction stressing you out.

Best of luck and I'll be thinking of you!!! (And looking for you if I run out to get a coffee shortly before 4). ;)

*** It's funny because I'm fat ***
  • imageschmoodle:

the el to the airport is literally across the street from where you're interviewing 

So help me out here....  it is pretty dummy proof?

Just get to the station and I can't miss the signs to get to the airport, right? 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagehowleyshell:
    imageschmoodle:

the el to the airport is literally across the street from where you're interviewing 

So help me out here....  it is pretty dummy proof?

Just get to the station and I can't miss the signs to get to the airport, right? 

Nuts! I missed this earlier. Totally dummy proof. Take the blue line, direction: O'Hare. Stay on until the train will go no further. You are at the airport! :) 

The el should take you 45 minutes on the train - maybe 5 minutes to wait for a train, depending on your luck. :) 

So depending on how early you like to arrive at airports and how long the interview goes, we could grab a quick cup of coffee... or not. :)

• What kme said re: getting to the airport (assuming you're coming in/out of O'Hare). Otherwise the orange line is only a block away to Midway airport too, if you need help for that let us know.

I made the "no time" assumption based on my super OCD need to arrive everywhere crazy early, so, if you do end up meeting post-interview, let me know and if I'm still around at work I will try to join you.

*** It's funny because I'm fat ***
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"