June 2012 Moms
Options

Pack n play ?

Does a Graco pack n play require assembly? Is it something we should put together now? Or can it wait in the box until LO gets here? 

Also, our high chair reclines. Should that be assembled now? 

PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers BabyName Ticker

Re: Pack n play ?

• Options
    The pack N play itself does not require assembly, but mine came with a napper/changer and it did. I set mine all up and then took it back down and put it in the storage bag. To get everything out and fixed up and take all the plastic off took about 30-45min.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks. Mine also comes with the napper/changing thing. I think I'll do what you did. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not sure about the PnP but you don't need to bother with the high chair LO won't need it for months.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imageMycrimsonheart:
    I'm not sure about the PnP but you don't need to bother with the high chair LO won't need it for months.

That was my original thought, but then I was thinking, because it reclines, maybe it might be a good spot to put baby while DH & I are eating. No? 

• Options
    If you are using the PNP as a crib like we are it should go up soon... if not... then it can wait... with the High Chair... if you want LO sitting at the table with you while you eat in the recline position I would say set it up when you set up the PNP
  • Options
    We plan on using the PnP as a first floor crib (main living area). Bedrooms are upstairs & LO will be sleeping up there. 
  • Options
    imagejen812:

imageMycrimsonheart:

That was my original thought, but then I was thinking, because it reclines, maybe it might be a good spot to put baby while DH & I are eating. No? 

No, they don't recline enough or have any neck/head support.  LO will be flopping all over the place.  We put DD in her car seat or in her PNP while we ate.  And a lot of times, one of us would have to hold her.  She didn't use her high chair until 5-6 months.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would hold off on the high chair for now. There's no way it'll recline enough to provide support for a newborn. We put DD in her swing or bouncer while we ate.
  • Options
    I agree with PP's, you may want to take the PnP out of the box & then store it in its storage bag until it is closer to due date, unless you have the room to have it out now.  It isn't that hard to put up & takes a small amount of time.  As for the High chair I would wait until the LO has better head control.  With my youngest we would bring her bouncer into the dining area and have her sit there while we tried to eat & hope she made it through until one of us was done eating.  But I'm sure that a swing or carseat would work too.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. Your insight helps me prioritize.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"