December 2011 Moms
Options

WTF is up with bump pinterest?

Do they really just steal pictures and then say we "submitted" them and put our first names on pinterest?  

https://pinterest.com/thebump/bumpie-babies/

If this is what it looks like, they have gone too f-ing far. 

May Siggy Challenge: TV mom

Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: WTF is up with bump pinterest?

• Options
    Yup, that is what it looks like. Kinda creepy...but I am sure there is fine print saying whatever you submit becomes theirs.

• Options
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Is this sanctioned by the Bump or did a super creep just start pinning all these pictures to their bump babies board?  Did you see one that you recognize? I didn't. Where would they get all the first names from? 
    **Meagan** Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    And hic's little Lucas is right there in the middle! 
    Success After Losses. I carry your <3, I carry it in my <3.</br>
  • Options

imagelivinirie84:
    Is this sanctioned by the Bump or did a super creep just start pinning all these pictures to their bump babies board?  Did you see one that you recognize? I didn't. Where would they get all the first names from? 

I'm guessing they get the names from our profiles.  I know they probably have it in the TOS but it's the names I'm primarily concerned about.  And yes, hlc's baby is on there.

May Siggy Challenge: TV mom

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I'm on their maternity pictures board, but I did submit my pic to them.
    BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• Options

imagelageorgiapaperie:
    I'm on their maternity pictures board, but I did submit my pic to them.

If you click on each pin and follow them to their original URLs, it does look like they were all submitted to the bump. Maybe baby Lucas' picture was submitted for something. I'm a little less creeped out knowing that it's not just random signature pics.  

**Meagan** Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm confused because I never "submitted" his photo for pinterest. I didn't even know the bump had a pinterest page or whatever you call it.  I know that a while back, there was a post about submitting a photo with your pet and baby to be displayed on the bumps gallery. I thought that was for the bump website. It never ever mentioned pinterest or using my name!  Thanks ladies for letting me know. I will PM/email Kathleen to ask to have that removed. The reality is that any photo in my siggy or on my blog is "steal-able". BUT again, I do not want it on pinterest for others to share!!!! And with my name??

Lilypie - (ovfd)

• Options

Well, to be honest, anyone can pin anyones profile, blog posts (if you have it in your signature - with pictures of your baby) etc. It's the internet. That's why I keep saying to be careful with what you post! 

If you see your own picture on the bump pinterest board and want it to be removed, just e-mail Kathleen at community@thebump.com.  

This is what she said when this topic came up on the mod board a while back:

TN was pinning photos that users posted directly to the TN message boards (like recipes/food photos). Because some of our users requested we no longer do so, we now only pin after confirming with the user.

You can also direct TN questions to Nest Dani - feedback@thenest.com :)

Thanks! 

Sounds like if enough people request to no longer pin baby pictures, they would start only doing it after confirming with the bumpie. So it's worth an e-mail if you care! :-)  

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    imageRicola:

Well, to be honest, anyone can pin anyones profile, blog posts (if you have it in your signature - with pictures of your baby) etc. It's the internet. That's why I keep saying to be careful with what you post! 

YesYes 
    Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
  • Options
    imageRicola:

If you see your own picture on the bump pinterest board and want it to be removed, just e-mail Kathleen at community@thebump.com.  

This is what she said when this topic came up on the mod board a while back:

TN was pinning photos that users posted directly to the TN message boards (like recipes/food photos). Because some of our users requested we no longer do so, we now only pin after confirming with the user.

You can also direct TN questions to Nest Dani - feedback@thenest.com :)

Thanks! 

Sounds like if enough people request to no longer pin baby pictures, they would start only doing it after confirming with the bumpie. So it's worth an e-mail if you care! :-)  

I agree with all of this. My photo was removed but since I blog and have a siggy picture anyone can copy those photos and do what they want!!!

Lilypie - (ovfd)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"