Multiples
Options

Running out of space

My daughter just turned 7 months old, and I am 9 1/2 weeks pregnant with twins. My only problem at this point is we only have a 2 bedroom house! We planned to sell, but after meeting with our realtor and the bank, we would need about $20,000 just to break even, thanks to the economy. I'm not sure how it will go having all 3 kids in the same room. Would it be best to move my daughter to our room until the twins are sleeping through the night? Any suggestions welcome!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Running out of space

• Options
    Is there any way you can carve a bedroom for your daughter out of some other space in the house? We had to build a wall/door in our house so we could have a bedroom after the boys were born.
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options

Keep your daughter in her room.

Twins can sleep in your room or living room in the beginning.  When you're ready for the twins to go to cribs/their own room, you may have to move your daughter to your room until they all STTN.

Hopefully you can save money and/or get a lucky break in the mean time!

Three losses in 2009; Boy/Girl twins born in 2010 image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Honestly, my girls slept in their Rock N plays next to our bed for the first 3 months and could have went longer if we didn't push the cribs. You can easily have them sleep in your room until they're atleast 6 months old and let your daughter keep her room. Then just wait to get cribs once you figure out your living situation.  We too live in 2 bedroom townhouse and plan to put our house up next spring...i'm praying the market is better by then.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I like peakay's idea.
    If not, I know a couple people who were stuck in small houses even as their families expanded to 3 or 4 kids in one BR. It's tough but they have both made it work.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options

The arms reach co-sleeper you can use up to 22 pounds or something like that. 

They can always sleep in the bottom part of the pack n play too! 

• Options

Are you able to rent your house out?   we did this when we needed to upgrade, but would be upside down on our mortgage by $40,000 due the market.

We just rented to a family last month with a rent to own contract. They have 2 years to purchase. By the time they purchase we would walk away even on our mortgage.  

I married my sweetheart on 7-7-07 DS - 3/21/2003 DD - 5/8/2009 Due - 10/20/12 with TWINS! Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

We also live in a 2 bedroom and have a 2 yo DD. We considered buying or renting something bigger, but if felt rushed. We have decided to wait 8 months- a year. In the meantime we plan on putting the babies in a co-sleeper in our room. Our daughter has a toddler bed, but I think we may also put one crib in her room. If one baby is sleeping better than another we can possibly transition them into our daughter's room while the other stays with us for a while. This way we also have the option of separating them for naps etc.

It is going to be tight, but we will make it work, as I am sure you will too! GL

• Options
    Thanks for all the great advice! We are hoping to try listing next spring, or possibly renting out the house. Until then, we will be nice and cozy in our house...at least that means less space for unwanted guests! Haha :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"