Pre-School and Daycare
Options

*Cute lunch check-in*

Bento alert! I was at Old Navy this week and picked up three new lunchboxes, two of which are perfect for bentos. They are by Sistema and are also sold at The Container Store, but they were only $4-6 at ON. I only used one of them this week - it's the blue/purple box with the turquoise floral background.

I tried to break out of the sandwich rut a little bit this week. This is a stacking bento box. In the top layer is leftover rice that I first shaped in a rice mold, with blueberries and strawberries on picks. In the bottom tier are carrots, a Babybel cheese with a cupcake topper (untouched), chicken salad and some crackers to spoon it on.

DD got this Boon plate for Easter - the little dip bowls are detachable and can be placed anywhere. This was a really quick bear lunch with a chicken salad sandwich, kiwi, strawberries, celery, carrots and cookies, plus some peanut butter for dipping the celery.

Frog party! I don't have a frog cookie cutter but I do have a bear one! So I put jumbo green sprinkles on the "ear" part of the cookie cutter, plus a few party hat picks. The frogs are on a homemade sealed sandwich. In the other tier are "ants on a log" with sprinkles, dried mangoes, strawberries and also a mini box of raisins. Can you tell she likes peanut butter and celery lately?

The new box from Old Navy! Garden lunch with our new flower silicone cups from Michael's. PB and yogurt whip sandwich with butterfly cutouts, raisins, string cheese, celery and  a clementine/strawberry in the flower. This box is a little bit shallow, but you can still put the lid on even with the silicone container in there. And my DD can open/close the container independently.

Another garden-themed lunch. More of the same for this week - celery with a mini container of peanut butter, a kiwi and clementine, stack of Swiss cheese and some Wheat Thins. This was small but DD still didn't finish it.

Too much going on here! I started out trying to make a face, then our food just wasn't cooperating, so I ended up going for a symmetrical look. Oh well! DD actually finished this. Wheat Thins, clementine, ham on picks, Swiss cheese, strawberries, celery (no peanut butter this time!), dried cherries a wafer cookie.
This is also packed in the new Sistema box.

PIP your cute lunches here! Have a great week!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: *Cute lunch check-in*

• Options

You have totally inspired me to make DD cute lunches on the days she is home with the nanny!   I love your posts, and think you do such a great job.  You are so creative!  So today was my very first lunch for DD. I showed it to her before I left for work today and she was so excited.  I still have a long way to go, but I was pretty proud of this for my first. 

PB&J sealed flower sandwiches, flower canteloupe, panda full of raisins, and strawberries all in her little yellow checkered bento box.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Good job! She'll love it! A few fun little picks makes all the difference!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks :)  Do you happen to remember where you got those flower stem picks that are in the strawberries?  Those are so cute!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"