June 2012 Moms
Options

Not cool. Silly vent.

My son is sick. We were up most of the night because he was having trouble breathing. So today we go to CVS to get him some meds. I had a pregnancy craving, and really wanted a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup. So I added one in. We left, and I was much more focused on getting my son hydrated, and the small amount of meds that were safe into him. So later we get home, and my candy is not in the bag. I check the car, see if it somehow fell out in the house. It's no-where. My husband says he thinks it may have tipped on the counter and fallen out there. I was distracted by my kid and not paying that close of attention.

So I call them up to say that it wasn't in the bag. The lady says, no problem, just come in with the receipt and they would take care of it. So I drive 20 minutes back out there. And tell the cashier what happened. She says this isn't her usual store, so she'll get me the manager. The manager comes, tells me she doesn't know what to do, takes my receipt and says she'll be right back. About 5 minutes later she comes back with another girl who I'm guessing was her supervisor. They say they watched the video, and the cashier put it in the bag, there's nothing they can do about it.

It's a freakin $2 candy bar. They watched the video because a pregnant women came back in with a receipt saying she didn't have her $2 candy. So I again search my car & house. Ask my son 18 different questions, and rack my brain trying to remember. I don't remember seeing the candy past handing it to the cashier, and I took meds out right when we got in the car. I honestly don't think it made it to the car.

I'm so pissed that I had to waste my time, after I called ahead. Then they treat me like a liar. And I still have no f-ing candy. I'm just so annoyed. Might just go to the grocery store for one. If I wasn't pregnant, I wouldn't even care. But I'm tired from not sleeping, and just had a craving. That candy would sure help take the edge off....

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Not cool. Silly vent.

• Options
    What?! That's total crap. I would be annoyed that they told you it wasn't a problem and to come in and get it, then you get there and they tell you something else!

12 dpo: HCG = 184 Progesterone = 34
    14 dpo: HCG = 529 Progesterone = 24.6
    My Blog
  • Options

I can't believe they bothered to watch a surveillance video over a $2 candy bar. Did you tell the manager that the woman you spoke to on the phone told you it would be taken care of? I would have been pissed to drive all the way back for no reason.

What lousy customer service on their part. They should have just given you the candy bar.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageJessieCupcake:

I can't believe they bothered to watch a surveillance video over a $2 candy bar. Did you tell the manager that the woman you spoke to on the phone told you it would be taken care of? I would have been pissed to drive all the way back for no reason.

What lousy customer service on their part. They should have just given you the candy bar.

Yes, I did. I really don't understand why they made such a big deal over such a cheap product. Other then the first manager saying she didn't know how to handle it. 

Just a bizarre way to handle it in my opinion. But $2 isn't really worth the hassle. I just wanted my candy.

• Options
    Ummm ok maybe I'm the dunce here, but why didn't you just buy another candy bar? And candy bars cost $2 now? Wow!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageSamiantha101:
    Ummm ok maybe I'm the dunce here, but why didn't you just buy another candy bar? And candy bars cost $2 now? Wow!

Screw that, if somebody made me drive 20 minutes for nothing I wouldn't turn around and reward them by buying from them again. 

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    imagecaeraRose:

imageSamiantha101:

Screw that, if somebody made me drive 20 minutes for nothing I wouldn't turn around and reward them by buying from them again. 

That's part, and I didn't expect to have to buy any, so I didn't bring $. I'll get some from a different store today.

It's the way it was handled that I was venting about.

• Options

I guess I just would never have called about a missing $2 candy bar and drove 20 minutes to try and receive a free candy bar. I would take my bum to the nearest store an buy a new one. I think it's a bit strange ordeal, but that's just me. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've had cravings for peanut butter cups this entire pregnancy so I feel your pain. It really sucks that they told you you could come in and then went back on it. What a waster of time!! I know thats what you're frustrated with. Go to the store and get yourself some peanut butter cups, or better yet, some peanut butter cup ice cream!! Stick out tongue
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageSamiantha101:

I guess I just would never have called about a missing $2 candy bar and drove 20 minutes to try and receive a free candy bar. I would take my bum to the nearest store an buy a new one. I think it's a bit strange ordeal, but that's just me. 

I agree with this. Especially with being pregnant, I can't imagine going through the hassle.

• Options

imagelizzybean:
    I've had cravings for peanut butter cups this entire pregnancy so I feel your pain. It really sucks that they told you you could come in and then went back on it. What a waster of time!! I know thats what you're frustrated with. Go to the store and get yourself some peanut butter cups, or better yet, some peanut butter cup ice cream!! Stick out tongue

Yep, here I thought it would be a nice relaxing break from work & my sick toddler. But instead, it was a pain and pointless.

• Options
    imageSamiantha101:

It's not exactly a FREE candy bar when you pay for a candy bar you didn't receive..  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm sorry that happened however, I would not drive 20 min back there to get a $2 candy.  I'd go to a local gas station or store to pick one up.   
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Omg you can really be a wretched bia bia.  I have never wished a horrendous hemhorid on someone as much as I do you.  
  • Options
    Sorry my phone won't edit.  I'm speaking to samanthia, not OP.
  • Options

imagepickle82:
    Omg you can really be a wretched bia bia.  I have never wished a horrendous hemhorid on someone as much as I do you.  

YesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes

• Options
    Allison, I love you. That is all. OP I'm sorry about your candy... I would've been pissed too. I love Reeses.
    BabyFetus Ticker Photobucket Photobucket BabyName Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"