Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

hydronephrosis- kidney issues

I am 20 weeks pregnant and just found out this baby has a slight case of hydronephrosis. We are team green and just this is my 2nd child to have hydronephrosis.  It is more common in boys but I have a girl with it.  I wonder if this one is a boy or did I bet the odds again and have another girl.  Only time will tell and I am happy with either and hope this resolves itself before birth. 

So if you have experience with this..do you have a DS or DD?  

Re: hydronephrosis- kidney issues

• Options
    mle5dmle5d member

We found out our LO has the same thing. We were Team Green too, and it turned out to be a boy. It has not resolved itself, so we are undergoing some tests to see what the next step will be. 

In your DD, did the hydronephrosis resolve itself, or did you have to take action once she was born? 

• Options
    DS1 had is and DD and DS2 did not.  I worried about it every time we had the A/S.  DS's case resolved when he was 5 mos old, so scary but very good outcome. 
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

yes, it did resolve itself, it just took a year longer than expected.  She will be 3 this week and still had a trace of it, but below the 5mm line.  We go for one more follow-up in year to check.  There was no reflux so no surgery was needed.  Best of luck to you!

• Options
    We had the same thing found at our 18 week US with DS.  After he was born, he had an ultrasound on the kidney in this hospital.  His kidney was still enlarged so DR scheduled a VCUG test at 1 mo to check for reflux.  It was normal, so now they are just doing another ultrasound 5 months.  At this point, they are just monitoring. 
    photo IMG_2317_zpsa2789747.jpg
  • Options
    We have a DS and he has this. They actually didn't find it until 37 weeks. He had testing done in the hospital and he does not have reflux. They put him on antibiotics as a precaution in the hospital and did a follow up ultrasound at 4 weeks old. They found his kidney was still dilated but they said it had not gotten bigger and they are hoping he will grow into it. We go back for another follow up ultrasound at 3 months but it's not as scary as I thought it would be when we first got the diagnosis. I'm gonna venture to say you'll be team blue since its more common in boys but we shall see ;)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"