June 2012 Moms

swelling

Ayone have any tips/tricks to help reduce swelling in your feet/ankles? Since last night my feet have begun to swell and have not gone down at all and now my ankles are swelling.

Re: swelling

• I just recently started having a swelling problem with the weather change.  I was told to add some fresh lemon to my water a couple of times a day.

I started this 3 days ago and i already feel better....it may all be in my head, but it seems to be working :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I second PP.  Lemon is a natural diuretic (sp?) also, make sure you watch your sodium intake when you're eating/drinking.  That is huge for me. If I don't, I get swelling up into my calves.
  • Loading the player...
  • Elevate your feet above your heart for a little bit to help reduce it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you for the lemon tip! Swelling is so painful and feels out of control sometimes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I saw my doctor on Friday and he noticed all of the swelling in my feet, legs, and ankles.  He recommended compression stockings.  I had previously ordered a pair of compression hose from Motherhood (they were out of my size in non-compression) and I wore those to church yesterday.  They seemed to help my swelling but they were noticeably HOTTER than my regular panty hose.

I am now in the market for some compression knee-high stockings to wear to work with pants.  However, I'm definitely going to try the recommendations of the PPs and start putting lemon in my water.

Haley EDD 07/26/12 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks everyone. I got some lemons today :). I also found out today that I have low amniotic fluid and that I have to drink a ton of water. I wonder if the two are connected, the swelling and the low amniotic fluid?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"