Baby Showers
Options

Ideas please..

I don't lurk here. However, I hope this isn't asked a million times here. I am throwing a shower for my sister who is pregnant with twins. I am trying to come up with gifts for the games. Any ideas would be appreciated..

Also if I am throwing it with my sisters..and spending lots of money on it, do I also need to get her a gift? I am making her two scrapbooks..one for each baby to document the first 6 months)..But do I need to buy her something?

I don't have kids so I have never had one.

TIA

"Onward"--CathyMD Waiting since 07/5/2011 for our forever child! Yep we are adopting!

Re: Ideas please..

• Options

Candles, small bottles of B&BW lotions, shower gels, etc, chocolates, gift cards.

Yes, you should get her a gift. It doesn't need to be expensive since you are also giving her the gift of the shower. You could talk to the other hostesses and see if they want to go in on a group gift together. 

• Options

Thanks for the replies. I think I will start her babies library and get her some books..along with the scrapbooks..some of my favs like the Hungry Catepillar, Pat the Bunny, and some chip board books.

thank you...I found some wine that I may get for one of the pirzes "Moms time out" ..then mayb Starbucks gift cards or something..Everyone loves Starbucks!

"Onward"--CathyMD Waiting since 07/5/2011 for our forever child! Yep we are adopting!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I actually don't think you need to buy her anything else. Throwing someone a shower is a GREAT gift in itself, and then the 2 scrapbooks are a thoughtful momento as well. Please don't feel like you need to spend any more money!
  • Options

I would feel strange not to get a MTB a gift even though I'm hosting the shower.  I think the books idea is really good and ties into your scrapbooks. 

You mentioned gift cards and they are great as prizes.  I've used scratch off lottery tickets many times as prizes and the guests have loved them.

• Options
    I think your scrapbooks are a perfect gift and nothing else is necessary.  My best friend and her mom hosted my baby shower last weekend and bff gave me a home made baby blanket and her mom gave me a home made keepsake box and both were perfect. 
    Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

My sister-in-law just threw me a baby shower this past weekend and I thought she did a great job with the gifts for the games.  My party was "co-ed" so she had guy gifts and girl gifts. 

For the Girls - She made gift bags and included little lotions, soaps, manicure sets w/ nail polish, candles, ect. 

For the Guys - in expensive workout items -- ab roller, jump rope, stretch band (all found on sale at a Ross, TJ Max, ect.).  For the game that had "teams" she had mini shooter with plastic shot glasses.

For the Grand Prize (co ed game) - She had a small but really nice pasta strainer and included pasta and pasta sauce.

All the gifts were a hit and pretty inexpensive for her.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I hate giving prizes that people can't use and will throw away. For my shower, I bought little compact mirrors shaped like purses, umbrellas, snow globe picture frames, china eggs that open, and scratch off tickets. I won hand lotions, perfume, and candy at my friends' showers that I attended and never used any of it.
  • Options
    My shower is going to be next Saturday and the hostess ask for my input in prizes for the games and we came to the conclusion taht something edible was the way to go...so fruit baskets will be in this case oranges! yumm
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"