High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

find out about GD results tomorrow and thought to post here perhaps???

I have been upset and nervous since I found out that i did not pass my 1 hr glucose test.  prior to pregnancy i never had (that I know of) HIGH blood sugar, but it was always around 98 - which I consider high enough, given how close it is to 100.  anyway, when my 1 hour results came back at 169 I got really nervous ... in order to pass the fasting glucose level, mine will have to have come back lower than what it usually does (i think the cutoff is 95?) and my one hour will have to be in the same ballpark as my last one hour (only this test was with twice as much sugar).. I guess I am so concerned bc i am wondering now if my blood sugar has been high the whole time... i know something like that is critical in the first 3 months of a pregnancy -- does anyone know if the Dr would have picked up on high (or borderline high ) blood sugar earlier in my pregnancy  - with the other blood tests, urine, etc that they did?   - anyone have a similar experience? i know its not good for me to be worked up like this... thanks in advance for any thoughts.. 

Re: find out about GD results tomorrow and thought to post here perhaps???

• Options
    My nutritionist addressed this concern without me asking because it's a common one. She said that the Hemoglobin A1c test in the first trimester would have shown the risk of having diabetes. Also, in the diabetes management class, there was a chart showing the change in insulin requirement that occurred in the second half of the pregnancy.
  • Options

thank you so very much.  this puts me at ease a bit- I'll get the results today but I have read so much from people who have managed this well and have healthy babies and that makes me feel better.  my primary concern has to do with if it existed earlier in the pregnancy - so thank you for addressing that.  have a wonderful day - and thank you again!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"