December 2011 Moms
Options

Sippy cups

Hi ladies- happy Sunday!

I'd like to pick up some sippy cups as I see them on sale in the next few months.  I'm wondering what kind people are planning to use/have had good luck with?

BFP #1- 4/2011; DD Brynn born 12/2011

BFP #2- 7/13; EDD- 4/2/14; Lost DS at 20 weeks (11/16/13) due to cord accident

BFP #3- 3/14; EDD- 11/28/14; Lost DD at 15 weeks (6/7/14)- cause unknown

To my angels- I held you every second of your lives and I'll love you every second of mine.

Re: Sippy cups

• Options
    With DD the only ones we found that don't leak (even though they all say they don't leak) are the NUK brand ones. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We have been using the NUK "learner cup" for a few weeks now. We had to give our DS 1/2 juice/water due to constipation and the AAP recommends juice in a cup, not a bottle. DS loves it, it doesn't leak at all. And, I love that the parts are interchangeable with our NUK bottles. I take the handles off of the sippy cup and put it on his bottle and he can hold it a lot easier. I can also put the sippy cup top on the 8 oz bottle so that later he can use it as a bigger sippy cup for his milk.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We got the Playtex ones, but haven't used them yet. Holding off until 6 months for a drink of water.
    BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• Options
    We like the nubbys at 6 months and when they start walking we switch to a training cup. Its like a regular cup but it has a rubber lip/seal and is pretty much spill proof. We loved them with DD.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We use Tommee tippee bottles and really like them so I'll probably try their sippy cups too in a month or so.
  • Options
    We are going to introduce sippy cups next week. Our plan is Tommee 4 month + ones
  • Options

imageiluvmylab:
    We use Tommee tippee bottles and really like them so I'll probably try their sippy cups too in a month or so.

We use TT too but I've seen mixed reviewes on the sippy cups (something about how the tops line up with the handles, etc). I think we'll probably give them a try and see if they work since I think you can put the handles on the bottles as well!

BFP #1- 4/2011; DD Brynn born 12/2011

BFP #2- 7/13; EDD- 4/2/14; Lost DS at 20 weeks (11/16/13) due to cord accident

BFP #3- 3/14; EDD- 11/28/14; Lost DD at 15 weeks (6/7/14)- cause unknown

To my angels- I held you every second of your lives and I'll love you every second of mine.

• Options
    Thanks for asking this, I was wondering myself which ones are recommended. I'll look into the NUK and nubby ones, I think. :-) 
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options

When are you supposed to start trying sippy cups and with what in them?

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    imagebelle785:

When are you supposed to start trying sippy cups and with what in them?

Latest when you are starting solids and water!  

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"