Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

diapers and swimming

I hope it is ok that I post here.  I also post on the march board.  I have a question about swimming with LO.  I know they sell diapers meant for swimming but I am having trouble finding them in a small size and I hate to buy a whole box of them when she will grow out of them long before I would use the whole box.  She will only be swimming a few times total this summer.  I hope this isn't a total stupid question but can you use a regular diaper in the pool? I found these waterfproof diaper covers at kohls for like 10 bucks that I thought about trying.

Married DH September 2008
DD1 Born March 2012
DD2 Due November 2014

image         image

imageimage

Re: diapers and swimming

• Options
    Regular diapers absorb the pool water, I would get a reusable swim diaper (look online or at BabiesRUs/ ToysRUs) instead of the disposable.  The disposable just aren't made small enough for little babies.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The regular diaper will get huge and saggy when it absorbs the pool water.  It won't hold anything in then and it could "explode" and get those gel crystals everywhere.  We've been using iPlay reusable swim diapers for DS and they work really well.  You can get one on Amazon for about the same price as a pack of the disposable swim diapers.  Reusables are also nice to have because many public pools require them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"