Babies on the Brain
Options

Some insight on caffeine...

I am sure this subject is all over the bump, but I haven't caught much info on it pertaining to my situation specifically so Im hoping for some help! I drink about a cup of coffee a day--however--hearing that its ok to drink a cup of coffee a day, and wondering what size exactly a "cup" is, is the actual question. I have large mugs, small mugs and none are the same size. Is a cup 8oz? Just 8oz of coffee a day? If I have a large mug I usually dont finish it, Im thinking a large mug is about 12oz...I keep those around for cereal mostly ;) I also drink water with a crystal light tea packet in it twice a day or so. I'm unsure if there is caffeine in those, and on occasion Ill drink a small glass of diet snapple.

We are TTC currently, but I just want to get into better habits if these aren't good. If necessary I will definitely try to switch to decaf. I don't believe Im "addicted" to regular coffee since I dont have it ALL the time, but Im just curious if anyone has a measurement or has been given a recommendation when it comes to caffeine, coffee etc. Oh and I don't drink pop at all.

Re: Some insight on caffeine...

• Options

Be smart about it. I regularly had a coffee drinks and one soda during the day. Sometimes I'd have 2 sodas and no coffee. The guideline is 200 mg but as long as you aren't going crazy, you'll be ok.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I googled it and on two websites it recommended under 12 oz of coffee a day. 

It's one of those things that as long as you're doing it in moderation most doctors are fine with it. Some will say more is okay, some will say less.

Little Slick
    Born 6.26.10
    Forever a Family 11.26.12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagecaitlyn0216:

Be smart about it. I regularly had a coffee drinks and one soda during the day. Sometimes I'd have 2 sodas and no coffee. The guideline is 200 mg but as long as you aren't going crazy, you'll be ok.  

Yep.  This.  I drank caffene TTC my son and while I was pregnant.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Honestly, I think you are over thinking it. While I understand preparing, a mini freak out over what could be a max of 16 oz of coffee is a bit much.
    With that being said, I don't think a lot of caffeine is good for anyone, regardless of the state of their ute :) Good luck with everything :)
    Not sure what direction we are headed. Either way, I am up for the ride.
  • Options
    Also, caffeine dehydrates you. It is especially important if you are pregnant to drink extra water if you drink caffeine. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I drank caffine while TTC and didn't have any problems.  I also drank beer, wine, etc but thats besides the point!  While pregnant I tried to drink caffine free everything but if I had a soda or coffee occasionally I didn't worry about it. 
  • Options
    I am a teacher, and I seriously don't know if I will be able to survive for ANY period of time without coffee. My husband and I are going to start officially trying in June, and I have been trying to cut back on drinking, cut out my occasional social smoking COMPLETELY... I guess maybe I should cut back on caffeine? But the thought makes me want to cry! I am interested to see responses to this post!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    ARS0805ARS0805 member
    imagejessi3385:

I am sure this subject is all over the bump, but I haven't caught much info on it pertaining to my situation specifically so Im hoping for some help! I drink about a cup of coffee a day--however--hearing that its ok to drink a cup of coffee a day, and wondering what size exactly a "cup" is, is the actual question. I have large mugs, small mugs and none are the same size. Is a cup 8oz? Just 8oz of coffee a day? If I have a large mug I usually dont finish it, Im thinking a large mug is about 12oz...I keep those around for cereal mostly ;) I also drink water with a crystal light tea packet in it twice a day or so. I'm unsure if there is caffeine in those, and on occasion Ill drink a small glass of diet snapple.

We are TTC currently, but I just want to get into better habits if these aren't good. If necessary I will definitely try to switch to decaf. I don't believe Im "addicted" to regular coffee since I dont have it ALL the time, but Im just curious if anyone has a measurement or has been given a recommendation when it comes to caffeine, coffee etc. Oh and I don't drink pop at all.

Everyone is different.  Every doctor is different.  My RE says 1 8oz cup of coffee or 1 12oz soda per day is fine.  FWIW, I only drink water, milk, and 100% real juice -- personal choice, though. 

image image

Me: 28; DH: 35 
    1/2008 -- Started TTC
    3/2009 - FD discovered at 17 weeks1/2011 - Lap and HSG reveal Stage IV Endo and both tubes blocked. 
    4/2012 - Consult with RE for IVF#1 - Labs and SA are normal - Repeat HSG - SURPRISE! Both tubes are open.
    May, June, August 2012 - IUI#1-3 - Letrozole + Bravelle + Ovidrel trigger = BFN
    9/2012 - Lap#2 to remove endo and Hysteroscopy 
    IVF#1 (Long Lupron) - 12/6 ER - 20R 11F * 12/11 ET - Transferred 2 excellent blasts * 3 Frosties * 
    Beta #1 79.7 * Beta #2 240 * EDD - 8.29.13 * It's a GIRL!

BabyFruit Ticker

When Not IF Blog

Everyone welcome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"