Single Parents

new...finding a lawyer

Hi, I'll be joining you all I'm a little while...with a new screen name. But I've been seperated from MH since last August and need to make things official. But in the mean time...how do I go about finding a lawyer/attorney? What do i need to look for? I'm sure there'll be custodial issues with my boys also. Any info is welcome...I'm beyond new at all of this...
Married 6/30/07, TTC 9/07,Mc 12/07, Mc #2 10/8/09,Twin boys 11/30/10, seperated 8/11image
"Our greatest glory isn't in never falling but in rising every time we fall"
8/24/09 3rd cycle on 50mg Clomid= BFP 9/23/09 =10/8/09 m/c #2 at 6wks 2days 3/9/10 4th Cycle on 50mg Clomid = BFP 4-5-10 200mg prometrium 2xdaily 1st beta/progesterone 10dpo=43 2nd beta 13dpo=339 u/s 4/16=5wks 3days single visible sac and fetal pole h/b 4/28=Suprise it's Twins! 150 and 127 bpm Labor Buddy to Sonadora and Strunella
cleaning2
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Craft Blog *~* Loss/Pg Blog: PM me if you'd like to read along *~*Bfp Chart imageimage

Re: new...finding a lawyer

• ask around withing friends or fam, this is usually the best way to start. if no one knows someone then you can try a google search, some of the sites have client ratings on a 1 to 5 scale. Getting consultations can be a bit expensive so you may want to look for ones that have a free consultation. some attorneys charge their hourly fee for a consultation and that can be well over 200 just to sit and talk out what you want to do. start thinking about retainer fees, my fiance when he was going through his divorce had to pay a retainer fee of 2500, the attorney ended up not using the full amount and he was given the rest back but expect to have pay something like that unless the office has some sort of payment plan...gl!
    imageimageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"