Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

5 months too young to sleep with a lovey?

My DD had a rough night last night and I gave her her lovey to sleep with and I think it helped. It's one of those Angel Dear loveys with the animal head and little blanket body. I have a video monitor and at one point i thought it was over her face but when I went in it was just next to her cheek. She still sleeps in the RnP (I know, I know. Soon.) and is 5 months. WDYT? Too young to sleep with a lovey? She doesn't take a paci so I'd love to have something to help her self soothe.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 5 months too young to sleep with a lovey?

• Options
    Try the Aden and Anais security blanket. Its made out of the thin breathable cotton muslin and is small with satin edges. I am transitioning my LO out of his RnP and he definitely uses it to soothe himself. However, he is still quite young ( 3 1/2 months) and likes to put it over his face. Although it is breathable it still makes me nervous so I take it after he falls asleep. I just ordered a small 4 inch by 4 inch lovey on etsy of the same material which shouldn't be able to cover him.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My DS has a lovey and he sleeps wonderfully with it. He actually has 2. One is a ducky head with a blanket body and the other is a bunny head with a blanket body.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No, I don't think it's too young.
    Eff Yeah! Mighty Ducks
    Oct '14 September Siggy Challenge
    Teenage Crush

DD: E, 8/20/11
    DS: N, 7/11/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LO sleeps with a breathable blankie, and we also use the Angelcare movement monitor (he is in the crib), and while he does bring the blankie up by his face a lot.... we aren't worried. Its not like he wraps it tightly around his face, he just kinda nuzzles it.
    "If every word I said, could make you laugh - I'd talk forever".
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I gave all of my kids lovies at 3 months, so I don't think it is too young.
  • Options
    DD sleeps with a loose (gasp!!) blanket every night! 
  • Options
    Per recomendations from AAP no your child should not sleep with a lovey. No blankets or stuffed animals are recommended to be in the bed/crib. I'm not preaching here, my last child slept on his stomach so I obviously haven't followed all the "rules".
  • Options
    Personally, I'm terrified to give him one now. He naps in his swing with one, and covers his face. I wait until he's asleep and then take it away. So if I do end up giving him one in his crib, I'll probably do the same thing. But he's still swaddled at night. I think my girls were close to 11 months when I gave them one. 

imageimage

TheseFourButton-1.png

• Options
    I do think it's too young. If he gets tangled in it and it covers his face, he won't be able to get it off. DS won't get anything in his crib until I know he is able to handle it, probably some time around 1 year. 
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    DD does. She does put it on her face but she keeps it off her mouth/nose and I move it away from her once she is asleep.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"