Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

How long did you use your diaper bag?

So far, I've just been using a large tote I already owned as DD's (she's 5 months) diaper bag.  It works, but now I'm starting to kind of want a real diaper bag. 

Other than 2 outside pockets, there isn't anyway to compartmentalize anything.  So when I need something, I usually end up digging around forever to find it, which, of course, is almost always when DD is screaming.  And the more I take stuff out and put back in, the more disorganized the bag gets.

It seems like most diaper bags are SO overpriced, which is why I couldn't justify buying one when I already had a bag that would work.  Now I'm worried that if I cave and buy one, that I won't end up needing it for much longer. 

How long did you use yours?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How long did you use your diaper bag?

• Options
    Still have one for DS1, who is two. Even after he is potty trained, we will still use it for a change of clothes, snacks and water bottle.
  • Options
    skioskio member

At least until kiddo is out of diapers, so 2-2.5. Then, like pp said, I'm sure I'll still have a need for something to carry around toys/snacks/change of clothes/cups etc.

Splurge.

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was still using mine with DD1 when I had DD2.  I'll be using a diaper bag for the next 2 or so years.  I like the Skip Hop bags.  They have pockets all over and they aren't ugly.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options

I've got three different bags, and I prefer the backpack one with just two big pockets to a "diaper" bag with lots of pockets. The pockets never seem to be the right size, or in the right place. We have a Skip Hop pronto with diapers and wipes in it that moves from bag to bag (or gets tucked in the stroller), and then I use gallon or two-gallon Ziploc bags to keep other things together - bottles and the formula container, my personal stuff, a change of clothes for the baby, etc. But I'm cheap that way.

• Options
    I'm with you Op, I thought they were pricey too. But, I caved and got a Ju Ju Be, with no regrets. There is a difference, with most. I carried something around until around age 3. The bonuse to the bag I have is that it is a backpack style, and can easily be used for preschool and kindergarten.
  • Options
    We started with the original diaper dude in black and used it probably close to the entire 1st year of DD's life.  Now we only use it if we're on a trip.  Otherwise, we're down to a tiny backpack (JJB Mini Be - which they no longer make).  We honestly rarely take the diaper bag with us, and when we do, now we have the tiny one where we can easily put it beneath the stroller. 
  • Options
    After going through a few different diaper bags I finally found the one that worked for me.  I have the Timi & Leslie Hannah bag.  I absolutely love it.  It has tons of compartments on the inside and doesn't look like a diaper bag on the outside.  Therefore, once the kids are grown I can still use it as a regular bag.  Plus, I've heard that if anything happens to the bag T&L will replace it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I carried a diaper bag regularly until DD was a bit past 3 (when she finally potty trained). Now I keep the bag in my car packed with an emergency change of clothes and portable potty.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We are still using it with our son who is 23 months.  We are about to have a baby girl, so we will have to double pack for both kids.  And then hopefully, we can transition our son to potty training to lighten the load in the diaper bag. 
    imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • Options
    DD is 3 and I still carry a diaper bag (even though it no longer houses diapers).  I could probably get away with just keeping a change of clothes in the car, but I feel some reassurance knowing that everything I might need "just in case" is with me at all times.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

DS is 16 months and we're still using a diaper bag.  Now that he's older, we don't need as much stuff, but I always like to be prepared. 

There are a tons of diaper bags in every price range, so you don't necessarily need to buy something expensive.  I'm actually on my 3rd bag now and it's a $40 Skip Hop that I picked up at Target.  It has tons of compartments without being too big.  I also have a PPB boxy backpack and the Timi+Leslie Dawn.

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"