Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

9 months old - ok to start the day with solid instead of a bottle?

My DDs are almost 9 months old - I'm sneaking over a few days early because I think I'll get more responses over here.  Anyway, right now their schedules kinda look like this:

4-4:30 a.m. - BF, back to bed (I wake them up before I get ready for work)

7-7:30 a.m. - Wake up

8 a.m. - 6oz bottle

9 a.m. - Nap

11 a.m. - Wake up, share 4 Tbsp rice cereal mixed w/4 oz BM and Stage 1 fruit, Cheerios

2 p.m. - Nap

3 p.m. - Wake up, 4 oz BM

6 p.m. - Share 2 Tbsp rice cereal mixed w/2 oz BM and Stage 2 veggie, Cheerios

7-7:30 p.m. - BF and go to bed

Do you think it's ok to replace the 8 a.m. bottle with rice cereal and puree and maybe just a smaller bottle?  Or should they still be getting a full bottle first thing in the morning.  When did your LO transition to 3 solid meals per day?  TIA!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: 9 months old - ok to start the day with solid instead of a bottle?

• Options
    We start our day with yogurt or pancakes and some fruit. She doesn't get a bottle until 2-3hrs after being awake. E hasn't had any complaints sos far! 
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Options

DS is still getting a bottle first thing and then breakfast. At 10.5 months I feel it is time to start decreasing the formula because he is getting 24oz plus 3 good solid meals of table food. So we tried to get down to 3 bottles and he was really pissed. Maybe you could try to give them a 4oz bottle with breakfast since they are so close? 

our routine so far is

5:30: 6oz bottle and then back to bed till 6:30/7 (trying to push back this bottle till wake time he is so close to STTN by just an hour!)

8:30: Breakfast (pancake and scrambled or adult oatmeal with yogurt blah blah)

9:30: nap

11:30/12: 6oz bottle

1:30: Lunch (half an organic hot dog or 2 chicken nuggets with veggie medley and some fruit) 

4:00: small bottle 4oz 

6:30: Dinner (two meatballs, veggies, applesauce)

7:30: 8oz bottle and bed

so maybe try decreasing it before you take it away? I have the kind of baby that I know would still be drinking formula in the 30oz range plus solids if I didn't lower it myself because he doesn't turn down anything, he will drink until he spit ups. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm just starting to do this now too.
    Somedays it happens, somedays it doesn't.

The dr. told me LO needs a lot less bottle at this point so I figured that was an easy place to start.

I'm not really pushing it because at this point I don't entirely agree with dr. but I'm trying just to see what happens.

• Options

I've started slowly decreasing the amount of nursing sessions during the day.  We aren't on an exact schedule, but it goes something like this:

7:00 - Wake up, cuddle in bed, nurse a little while we both wake up

8:00 - Breakfast.  Fruit puree with oatmeal, 2 oz. baby yogurt, puffs/cheerios 

9:00 - Nurse to sleep for 1st nap 

10:30-11:00 - Snack.  Sliced fruit, cheese, avocado, puffs, etc.  plus nurse

3:00 - Nurse to sleep for 2nd nap

5:00 - Snack.  banana, a couple bites of cottage cheese, puffs/cheerios

6:00 - Nurse

7:00 - Dinner.  Protein of some kind (fresh, very rarely canned), veggie puree with mixed grain cereal, avocado, occasionally some pasta or cous cous. Berries for dessert sometimes

8:00 - Nurse to sleep (STTN most nights) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We do table foods not puree, but she does get food first, it just works better for our schedule. 

She nurses around 5am, then back to sleep

Up for the day at 7, heads to daycare. Solids breakfast at 8, bottle at 9, nap at 930.  

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Good question, I have wondered about this also. DS doesn't have his 9 month visit until next week so I am going to ask about milk intake then. As of right now I am giving him milk first thing, then solids about an hour later. He does 3 meals a day and 4 bottles (well 3 bottles and 1 nursing, but it's seeming like that one is making it's way out soon too). Interested to see what his doctor has to say!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    hi i have a 9month old 2 she just 3 bottle a day one be4 bed at 9pm she ges up at 3am for a  nuther one she gets up at 10am. she will eat a egg. for lunsh she will have stage 3 food vegge. or a frute. snack puffs nap at 2-3 6oz bottle up at 3:30pm snak.... 6pm dinner 7-7:30pm bath in bed at 9pm whith a 8oz bottle
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"