Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Let's talk car seats

Think I've decided on the Graco Snugride. Here's my delimma.... do I want up to 30 lbs., up to 35lbs., or up to 65lbs.? Do I want a big bulky car seat right now (65) that's more expensive but lasts for a long time or something smaller, more affordable now & worry about it later? There also seems to be a ridiculous price increase between the 30 & 35. What are you doing....? And where are you purchasing your snugride?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

Re: Let's talk car seats

• Options

I have a Sugride.  I got the 30lb one.  They will almost always outgrow it in length before weight.  DD2 is almost 18lbs, but needs to be switched within the next month because her feet are close to hanging over the edge.

I got mine on clearance at Target 2+ years ago.

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We got the Snugride 30.  I found it on super clearance at Target this year so the price made the decision for me. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have the 35.  I got it for the length, not the weight.  The 35 goes up to 32 inches.

I love this seat. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options

With the 65 lbs, are you referring to the My Ride? It's a convertible, but a good convertible to use right from birth. It actually will take up a little less room front to back than the Snugride infant seat.

There are differences between the 30 and 35, enough for me to have bought the 35. Height was one, automatic lock off was huge for me. I like the level indicator on the base, and the leveler. Weight of the seat didn't factor, the seat mainly stayed in the van. My thing for getting an infant seat as opposed to a convertible (which I prefer) was to let the kids into the car without climbing underneath a convertible.

Now it doesn't matter about car positioning, lo has long since outgrown the seat, and she sits 3rd row so I can get to her easily.

• Options
    We have a Graco Snugride 36 and the main reason we went with that was for the length. My son will be 1 on Monday and he is just about 20 pounds but is 30in. I love it.
    1yearafterHow a year can make such a difference! Formerly Ciaram22Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Because we know that we'll be switching our baby to a convertible car seat before they hit the maximum limits of the basic snugride, we went with the basic seat. We tend to have small babies that can stay in an infant seat until a year or so and by then we don't want to be lugging around the seat and baby.

As for the seat that can go to 65 lbs., that is a convertible seat and stays in the car. Our family prefers to have the infant seat which is removable for when the baby is smaller. But that is just a personal preference. If you only have the money to spend on the nice convertible by not buying the infant seat, than you will certainly get more use out of it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"