Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Is this normal at 11.5 months?

My DD flaps her hands sometimes when she is mad or when she wants me to pick her up and I can't right at that second. She has been doing it since around 10 months but seems to do it less now, but now more so when she is mad she will make her whole body shake like not violently or anything but kind of like in the cartoons when someone would get really mad... it's kind of funny to see but I'm not sure if that is really a normal thing?
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket

Re: Is this normal at 11.5 months?

• DS does that if he is really excited or really frustrated over a toy.  I'm pretty sure it is normal.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• It's normal. At this age they are leaning what they like and don't like, and how to express it.  

My dd will do the body shake thing when she's frustrated/ mad too. It's so funny. Her face gets all red, her body tenses up and shakes and it looks like steam it going to start coming from her ears.  

Totally normal.  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My son does this too....I think I remember my oldest doing it too....I think it's pretty normal.....
  • My DS2 does it too---- I wondered how "normal" it was too--- DS1 did it and he's got issues--so we started wondering if maybe this was a precurser so I'm actually glad to hear others are having this issue--because now it does sound "normal".

• When DD's mad she grunts and slaps the backs of her hands. And when she's in her high chair and wants something we're eating or more of what she's eating, she grunts and makes her face get red. For a couple days when she started doing it we thought she was pooping! lol  Nope, just showing us her temper.

Jess & Adam, married 2009, precious Audrey born in 2011. BFP 1/6/13, 6-wk MMC discovered at 9 wks 2/11/13. D&C 2/18/13, second D&C 4/23/13 for retained placenta.
    BFP 8/24/13!! EDD 5/1/14, delivered healthy and sweet Zoey Leanne on 5/5/14 by repeat c-section.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"