C-sections

What are you doing for your scar/

Ok, its been almost a year since I had my baby and I never did anything for my scar.  Well, it is just as red/purple as it was the day I left the hospital and it is really starting to bug me.  Do you have any suggestions for me at this point?
If the house ain't burned down and the baby's fed it was a successful day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What are you doing for your scar/

• I think you can try Mederma or any scar cream that works for old scars.  Vitamin E oil may help as well.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • I did nothing, after about 18 months is stopped fading. It isn't very visable at this point, but still red, and probably always will be.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't done anything. The first 2 times, my scar was a keloid. This last time, it's been fine.......we'll see what happens after this one.
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • You can try vitamin E oil, but that usually works best when it's fresh. I basically ignore mine, though sometimes it feels sore. My skin is a mess from the pregnancy so I pretty much of no intent of ever showing mine. My DH isn't even allowed to see it :(
  • I'll probably do nothing for my scar. It's so low that only DH and I would ever see it, and even if it stayed exactly as it is now, it really doesn't bother me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagebecketts:
    I'll probably do nothing for my scar. It's so low that only DH and I would ever see it, and even if it stayed exactly as it is now, it really doesn't bother me.

This is me. It doesn't really bother me at all.

....Now the stretch marks are a different story Indifferent

• imageHappily Overwhelmed:

imagebecketts:
    I'll probably do nothing for my scar. It's so low that only DH and I would ever see it, and even if it stayed exactly as it is now, it really doesn't bother me.

This is me. It doesn't really bother me at all.

....Now the stretch marks are a different story Indifferent

Same! I hate my SM's....after my first c/s I had this weird extra skin thing on ithe scar and my ob said it was just extra skin. It bugged me and I hated it. When I had my 2nd cs my ob told me I had a lot of scar tissue, but the scar looks better now... I hope my 3rd s/c scar looks this good to....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"