January 2011 Moms

MLD how is the rash on LO?

Re: MLD how is the rash on LO?

• Thanks for asking - we went to a dermatologist and she said it looked like folliculitis (sp?) which is basically hair follicles that got infected with bacteria and spread. This is one of the possibilities my pedi mentioned but she didn't want to give an oral antibiotic without trying other things first. So we are using a topical antibiotic from the dermatologist with the organic diapers and wipes and it's clearing up.

I looked online and it said it could come from rubbing and then the infection spread...I think it started from the diapers rubbing on his belly cause that's where I first saw it. Poor thing. I have to ask how to prevent this in the future. I also hope I can go back to Pampers cause these diapers are $22 for only 56....that's the largest size box they sell! 

• What brand diapers are you using right now? We've been using Earth's Best. We recently got a fairly good deal on Diapers.com, but it's definitely more expensive and I regularly consider switching to Pampers or Luvs or something.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Loading the player...
  • And I'm glad he's getting better!

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Poor little guy. That is really frustrating. I hope you can figure out a way to prevent it from happening. Maybe you should switch to CD's. (I'm kidding, I know it is not for you.) Wink But yeah, Earth's Best are pretty good and they usually have a good deal on them online at amazon or diapers.com.

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, I've been getting Earth's Best - 56 diapers for like $22. And he's soaking wet every single morning (see CD post - Rouens - I must be nuts!)
  • imageMrsLynnyD:
    Yes, I've been getting Earth's Best - 56 diapers for like $22. And he's soaking wet every single morning (see CD post - Rouens - I must be nuts!)

Well, if it makes you feel better I have yet to find a disposable my little guy can't pee out of at night. I was scared to CD at night for a long time. (We would CD in the day.) I got so sick of washing his clothes and sheets that were wet from the disposables that we switched to cloth at night. I have not looked back. I use fitteds and wool at night. But lots of people use pockets. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I have been CDing Finn since we brought him home from the hospital and have been through it all. Good luck!

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"