January 2011 Moms

words?

DD babbles a lot, but really only has a few words. Momma, daddy, kitty, all done, more, DD's name, stroller, cookie and cup. Its really cute when she learns a new word she says it all day! I love it!

What is your LO saying?

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: words?

• Mine just squeals, and says ma and da....sometimes.  No other words.  Pedi didn't seem too concerned though...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I et a Radom mamama once in awhile but nothing else. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • A lot of her language is still mostly babble mixed in with a "real" word every now and then.

She says mama, dada, dog, kitty, baba, done (when she's done eating), more, up, down, choo-choo, bike, quack (for duck), moo (for cow), hat, head, go, and probably some other words I'm forgetting. Those are the most common ones.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The pedi told me he should have 3 words with meaning (what do you think Redzee?) but it wasn't until the other day that I think he got to 3 with meaning - Dada, Hi and ball.

He says - Mama, baba, ouch, phone (I think but not sure about this one, can't tell yet), Nana but again these aren't really with meaning...just in his random babble.

• She says words but drops syllables and enunciates like, you know, a toddler, so I think she's saying more than I'm giving her credit for.  It seriously took me like a week to recognize that when she opens the door and yells 'OHHH!' she's saying 'open'.  She says 'hi' and 'bye' perfectly.  She's fairly close with 'see'.  She says 'da' for daddy and 'uh' for up.  She's getting close with 'mama', though half the time it's 'oh hi mom' and the other half it's babble.  When I ask her if something is yummy, she replies with, 'mmmm' so I'm counting that one too even though it's not a word, lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ds just exploded with a bunch of words about 2 weeks ago. He says mommy, daddy (super into saying daddy right now), more, ball, dog, baba, meh-meh for cat (that's what our cats sound like), hoo-hoo for monkey, ba-ba-ba for sheep, bub and sometimes bubub for bubbles, ba for up, da for down, and he starting to say no. He signs for "all done" and elephant (one arm up in the air like a trunk, lol, love it!).
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • LynnyD: The words should refer to something, and by 16 months they should have at least 3 words. As Broc says, the words will probably not be spoken with perfect pronunciation. They'll leave off the last consonant (so BOOK will be BOO). Also, for 2 syllable words, like GUITAR (which is the only one I can think of right now), they'll say that stressed syllable (in this case TAR). That's why kids often say "NAna" instead of "banana". The main thing is to understand what they're referring to.

At this point, I'd make sure that a kid understands what you're saying. It doesn't have to be everything, but at least some things. I'd probably only see someone before 18 months if a kid is not even really babbling or making many sounds at all.

DD is talking a TON. She says hi, bye, daddy, deda (what she calls my mom), IL's cat's name, her cousin's name, Do Do [Dora], backpack (also from Dora), eat, all done, wash wash (to wash her hands), tickle tickle, no, yeah, neigh (when playing with almost any animal), baa and moo (as part of a story), who (when the phone rings), buh (button in the elevator), head, eye, up, down, choo choo, step, stomp, uh oh, hala (for challah bread).

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • pawcallpawcall member

Dada, Duck, Balloon, uh oh, yeah

eta: he also says ball.

~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board