Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Question about MC: when is it over?

Hello again! a breif overview of my situation. Hubby and I have been TTC since August 2011. Finally came up pregnant...but it ended in a MC. Sad I have been bleeding and cramping since April 5th. Minimal bleeding- I only need to wear a panty liner and I change it each time I use the restroom. I have been going in 3 times a week to get my HCG levels taken, and they are slowly dropping. Yesterday I was bleeding more than normal, and it was red blood with very small clots, vs. what I was having which was a brownish discharge- sorta thick. ANYWAY- yesterday I passed a small clot, but it was differnt looking that the others...sorta hard, and had black spots in it...with a peice of what I can only describe as...you know when you crack and egg, and that white tail looking think that is attached to the yolk? well this clot had something pretty similar, but smaller. My levels on Tuesday were only 77..which had only dropped 10, in one week. I went in again today and got my levels checked, but my doctor and nurse didn't call me to tell me what the levels were. I was bleeding pretty good today- I had to wear a regular pad to keep from leaking everywhere, however....in the last few hours I havent bled at all! when I use the restroom there is nothing on my panty liner...and nothing on the toilet paper. Is this a sign that I am done with this MC? Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Do you know if you are still MC...even when you are not bleeding? I want to ask my doctor this, but I have to wait until Monday- and I would like some insight!  

thanks!

Re: Question about MC: when is it over?

• Options

I don't think anyone here can say for certain, since sometimes the bleeding stops and starts again, but I have my FX for you that this is over!  I think it is definitely possible that the bleeding is over.  

That said, even if the bleeding is over, it may take some more time for your body to return to its non-pregnant state.  It doesn't necessarily mean that your HCG is at zero.  And even after your HCG is at zero, it can take a little extra time for your normal cycles to resume. (Although if it is taking a while for AF to return, you should call your doctor.)  

I'm so sorry that you are going through this. 

• Options
    It sounds like your body might have passed the rest of the tissue, but there's no guarantee. I stopped spotting once this past week and thought maybe things were over, but by the evening I was spotting again and have been since. It can take a while, so if I were you I would keep at least wearing a liner for a few days and carrying a pad or two with me just in case. Hopefully it's done for you, though.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I had the same exact question when my m/c started, because my episodes were sort of on-again-off-again.  And unfortunately, I don't think you'll know for sure it's over until the hcg level goes back to normal.

But if there's significant amount of materials still remaining, doctor can probably be able to tell you by either an internal exam or u/s.  If you continue to have serious episodes, talk to your doctor, and see if they can at least rule out incomplete m/c.  I'm really sorry for your loss.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hello! So sorry for your loss. I'm too in the same boat but I've been miscarrying since the 16th with no end in sight. My doctor said it would be about 2-3 weeks to completely miscarry but that's in my case, everyone is different. It really feels like I've been bleeding forever(sorry TMI). I know how difficult and nerve wrecking this is. I just wish it would end already. I wish you nothing but the best. And I hope you get your answer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"