Natural Birth
Options

Contemplated natural birth

I am 18 weeks and the thought of a natural med free birth has been lingering in my mind. I have a 2 year old which I was induced with at 39 weeks..my choice.. And I felt I rushed it and didn't just trust my body to do it on its own time..ne ways...I live in the Memphis, tn area and there are no Bradley classes available  nearby. I feel kind of discouraged and wanted to know what other resources y'all know of or books I can use as a resource for support and motivation. 

Any help is welcomed!

Nicole 

Re: Contemplated natural birth

• Options

There are lots of natural birth books. I liked the hypnobirthing books.

Even though I didn't entirely subscribe to that approach, it had lots of ideas and information that I enjoyed mulling over and adding to my approach.

The ladies here have lots of knowledge and offer lots of support.

FWIW I didn't attend any natural birth classes or do anything special to prepare and have had two great natural birth experiences (both births were very different, but both were great in their own way) 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Options
    I just took a basic child birth class, an they talked about breathing techniques. It worked perfectly. I still felt the pain, but I could easily handle it. Lamaze, Bradley, and Hypnobabies basically all operate off the idea of meditation for pain management. Its a technique I use to this DAY for pain and stress relief. And, I'm hopin my little Alien cooperates and let's me do it this time, too. NB is one of the most empowering amazing things I've done. Have you checked the hospital to see if they offer a NB course? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    erb82erb82 member
    I took a general birth class through the hospital for my first, and this time I've been reading the book "Natural Hospital Birth" by Cynthia Gabriel.  Bradley and hypnobirth are great options, but if they're not available to you it's still possible to prepare for a natural birth!  I also really enjoyed the documentary The Business of Being Born, which is on Netflix.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I was feeling a bit discouraged about not being able to take an actual live class but I feel a bit better that there are other resources to use to educate myself... And my husband! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"