Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Ladies who have had a D&C please come in...TMI post :)

Hi everyone, I just had my second m/c.  My first was ironically this same week last year.  I miscarried naturally with that one...my levels never got over 154.  This one however was a blighted ovum and I carried the sac until my D&C Wednesday and would have been over 9 weeks.  I had no signs of m/c with this one...we only found out though ultrasound, it was horrible.  My DH and I have been TTC over 2 years and our first pregnancy was with with my first clomid cycle.  We did 3 more cycles and nothing, so we switched doctors in February and had our first IUI and it worked the first time, but ended up being a BO.

We are beyond devastated and heartbroken.  Wednesday was one of the worst days of my life.  (Besides the day of the last ultrasound). DH was holding my hand the whole time and cried with me.  Thank God they put you under.  The hours in the doctors room waiting to go in he procedure room were brutal.  My blood pressure is usually sort of high and I have to take medication...it was so high when they took it before I was afraid they weren't going to do the d&c.  So my question is...they told me I would have some bleeding and cramps for a while...well, my bleeding is pretty heavy, reminds me of my high school period, hasn't been this heavy for years!  Plus the fact you can't wear tampons makes it even lovelier!  HAHA 

How long did you bleed after your d&c? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ladies who have had a D&C please come in...TMI post :)

• I only just had mine today and I was awake for it.  The bleeding hasn't been that heavy except for right after the procedure.  I think I would give it a week and if the bleeding doesn't subside, call your doctor to make sure you don't have any retained products.  You should have a follow up right?  Also, if you start getting dizzy or anything that indicates you are losing too much blood, go in.  

TTC 10/11. IUI 2/12. BFP 3/8/12. 4/26/12 missed mc. RE consult 5/17/12. IVF #1 ER 7/13/12 53R, 41M ICSIed, 32F, 8 5d, 6 6d blasts - all PGD/frozen. PGD results 1 normal M and 1 normal F, 1 maybe M. FET 9/6, transferred 1 F embie. Beta 9/15 BFN. FET#2 planned for 11/2012 put off until 2013. Surprise BFP 11/21/12!! My son was born on 7/24/13!

FET 4/28/2015 - Transferred 1 M embie. 5/6/15 BFP!

• My heart goes out to you. This baby was conceived with IUI after 4-6 years TTC and we had had two positive ultrasounds already before finding out via a third ultrasound yesterday that there was no heartbeat.

I can't answer your question bc my D&C was just this morning but you're in my thoughts.

Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had my D&C last Sunday, and still bleeding/spotting red, but it's been consistently light since the day after.  I've had some cramping though...  

I realized that grieving for the loss is without doubt one of the toughest things to go through, but it's also only one of the aspects of this whole awful experience package of m/c... many uncertainties, sorting out your own fears, a lot of waiting, the stress of going through the actual procedure and m/c process.  I'm really sorry that you're going through with it.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm so sorry for your losses! I bled heavily the day of my D&C, then had spotting for about a week. It wasn't all that bad.
    BFP #1: 12/26/11, EDD 09/05/12; m/c discovered: 02/22/12 @ 12w u/s,
    D&C: 03/08/12 Waited for AF for 146 long days!
    Hysteroscopy/D&C on July 10th to fix blocked cervix (DX: Cervical Stenosis)
    BFP #2 12/8/12, EDD 08/21/13 Our rainbow arrived 08/24/13!
    imageimageimage

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Sorry for your loss. After my D&C I bled for almost two weeks, similar to a normal AF. Doc prescribed medication a week after D&C to try and help close my cervix. It varies for every female. Its 49 days since the D&C and I just started my first AF since D&C. A dear friend of mine MC two weeks after I did and got her AF way before I did. It really does vary and there is not consitency. Give your body time to heal and try not to worry so much. I know it's hard, but thats the best advice I can give. :c)
  • I have have also had two m/cs, and had D&Cs with both of them. With the first, I bled for two weeks and the second was closer to three....with the flow varying between spotting one day, regular, then heavy the next. As long as you don't go over that pad/hr mark anything else is normal.

And I am so sorry for your losses. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mmm79Mmm79 member

With my D&C in December, there was moderate bleeding the day of and the day after.  By day 3 it had lightened considerably and by day 4 I was down to using just a liner.  I never had any cramping.  But as these different responses suggest, I think it varies from person to person.

My second D&C is scheduled for Monday and I know that it could be a different experience from my first.

I am so sorry you are going through this. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic View Full Size Image
    BFP#1 11/12/11 ~ No heartbeat 12/12/11 ~ D&C 12/19/11
    BFP#2 3/25/12 ~ Heartbeat 141 4/16/12 ~ No heartbeat 4/25/12 ~ D&C 04/30/12 
    BFP#3 7/16/12 ~ EDD 3/26/13 ~ It's a BOY ~ DOB 2/26/13

• i had mine nearly 3 weeks ago. i didn't bleed for about the first 4 days, then it came on heavy. i passed several big clots in about 3-4 hours, then just light bleeding, then brownish discharge and now, just today, day 18, i feel like my CM is actually 97% back to normal (hallelujah!)

i'm still having bloodwork done once a week because my levels haven't dropped. i was at 4,000 on tuesday, exactly 2 weeks after the d&c. 

BFP#1 10/15/2011! EDD 6/25/2012. natural m/c 10/28/2011. 5wks, 3d. BFP#2 2/27/2012! EDD 11/12/2012. d&c 4/10/12. 9 weeks. Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • kmcpkmcp member
    I'm sorry for your loss.  I had my d&c on Friday and have been having mild cramping off and on and light spotting.  My discharge instructions were to call the dr's office if the bleeding got to the point of soaking through a pad in less than an hour.
    AMA.
    BFP #1: 4/7/12. EDD: 12/2/12.
    Growth on target with h/b at 6w3d. No h/b at 8w4d. D&C 4/27/12.
    BFP #2: 2/28/13. M/C 5w1d.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"