Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Hello Again

Hey Ladies, 

Ive been over on the TTCAL board, but I thought Id venture back over here as someone over here might have different information for me. Ive been trying to look it up online but really couldnt find an answer. I know every women is different but i just wanted some advice..

I had a D&C back in January. Had my first cycle back in March then the 9th of this month I started bleeding. ( I assumed it was my period) I had taken a pregnancy test a few days before and a week before both were BFN.  So 10 days later Im still bleeding I call the doctor they tell me its normal.  16 Days later still bleeding call the doctor they tell me to come in. I go in and the doctor first just thinks its hormones, wants to prescribe something to get cycles back in line. 

Anyway to cut a long story short on the way out the nurse calls me back in. They saw a faint positive on a pregnancy test. Boy was I in shock.  Anyway he said it was really faint and that my numbers were probably very low, so he sent me for blood work came back at 170.  

Do you think this could have just been a chemical pregnancy? I cant believe I got two negative tests and now I might be having a miscarriage.  Do numbers usually stay lower when its a chemical pregnacy? 

Thanks in advance  

Re: Hello Again

• Options

I can really offer no insight, but I just wanted to say that I am sorry you have to experiene this. 

I would assume that with a c/p the numbers would stay generally low.

• Options

I'm so sorry and hope every thing works out for you.

I've been in almost the exact same situation twice - both times I had started my period and went in to my RE for my CD3 appointment to start my next round of treatment and got a positive pregnancy test. This situation makes for a very confusing and emotional time.

I think in a CP, the levels may grow appropriately at first, but never get very high before falling off (barely high enough to trigger a HPT). I've read that levels can be lower/slower to double in an ectopic pregnancy.

I know this is a very hard time, but try and stay positive until you know for sure. I wanted to rule out any doubt that I could have done something different, so I took it easy until my following betas confirmed it was over. Unfortunately it didn't work out for me, but I'll be thinking and praying that it will work out differently for you.

imageimage After 2 years of trying with PCOS, 7 rounds of Clomid/Femara, and 2 early miscarriages, we finally found success. :) Due on April 24, 2013! Beta 1 (16 dpo): 477, Beta 2 (19 dpo): 1568, Beta 3 (21 dpo): 3560 Aug 24 - 5w ultrasound - 1 8mm gestational sac Aug 31 - 6w ultrasound - 1 empty 15 mm gestational sac - possible blighted ovum - Beta 41,716 Sept 7 - 7w ultrasound - 2 sacs, heart beats, and fetal poles - TWINS!! Baby A measuring 6w4d, Baby B measuring 6w6d BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"