Health & Exercise

Recommend your blender

I recently got on a green smoothie kick, but my blender is old, and it died.  If you make smoothies a lot, what kind of blender do you use?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image

Re: Recommend your blender

• We have a black and decker that works decent.  I make a smoothie with yogurt and fruit in the morning and a smoothie with just fruits and veggies in the afternoon, so it gets a lot of use.

If you don't mind spending the cash, the Vitamixer is a.maz.ing.

Baby Boy born on 1/14/13
  • I have the ninja blender adn its great!! Crushes ice easily, i use it daily to make shakeology with milk, ice and bananna never have a problem!

• Loading the player...
  • My mom and sister (both vegetarians who make smoothies daily) both swear by their Vitamix blenders. Sure, they're pricey, but worth it if you make a lot of smoothies. They mix evenly and thoroughly, even if you're adding fibrous ingredients (some corncob, whole strawberries including leaves, apple, greens, etc.). They're also super-easy to clean. The nice thing about Vitamix is that they stand by their product and it's pretty much the LAST blender you'll ever buy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have a Vitamix and love it. It took my DH a long time to convince me to purchase one, but I'm glad we did! We tried a Ninja, but it left stringy fibers with spinach and though some people may not notice, we couldn't stand the texture. We exchanged the Ninja for a Vitamix about two months ago and have used it just almost daily since. 

If you just want to make smoothies occasionally, this is probably more blender than you need, but if you think you'll use it for more than that (you can do a ton with it!), it's worth looking into. 

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • The vitamix is the best!  It's so awesome for ice crushing and blending greens.  I got mine mainly to make smoothies, but I ended up making tons of soup this winter too.  I use it almost every day - totally worth it.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • trojastrojas member
    I have a NINJA (one of the cheaper ones) and it works awesome. I got it at Walmart. 

• Vitamix is the best.
  • Jill62Jill62 member
    I have a Ninja I purchased from Costo. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it...so much easier than a regular old blender. It really crushes the ice and gives a nice smoothie consistency every time : )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"