May 2011 Moms

Have you transitioned to the sippy cup yet?

How? DS hates the sippy cup.
Married to DH 9/9/06 DD arrived 11/10/07 DS arrived 5/26/11

Re: Have you transitioned to the sippy cup yet?

• Reese never minded it. We have been using it for water at around 6 months or so, so she has been used to it for awhile. 

A couple weeks ago, we were out and forgot to pack a bottle (but we had formula) so my husband ran into the nearest store and bought a sippy cup-they didn't have bottles. She drank the formula in it.

She does drink less in the sippy cup, but she eats a lot as well. For the last week, she has only had her bottle at bedtime. Tonight was the first night without the bottle--she didn't drink as much, but she was also exhausted (she had no nap today--her choice!) so I don't know if that was due to exhaustion or what.

We will see how she sleeps in the over night :)  

My daughter is my hero.
  • She can use one just fine, but she never finishes her milk when I put it in the cup. She always leaves about 2oz. I have started using the cup just for H2O when she is eating solids. I EP, so I really hate to waste good milk. Once we stop with the BM, we will do away with the bottle completely.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DS hated every sippy we tried or so we thought because he wouldn't tilt it, I thought he wasn't grasping the concept of tilting and sucking until we tried the safe sippy 2 with the straw option and he was able to suck at the first try. I love that it is stainless steel so no worries about BPA and you can take the handles off to make it a water bottle later on. 

ETA: I never offer anything but water that's all he drinks besides mommy milk. 

• These were the only sippy cups we had any luck with: 

Sassy Grow Up Cup

https://www.amazon.com/Sassy-Grow-Spill-Spout-Design/dp/B007LRNV1K/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ba_5

We only give them water in it so far, but will likely transition to milk after they turn one year.

• imageseptemberdc:
    How? DS hates the sippy cup.

Having issues myself! DS doesn't hate the cup, he has drank water for months now but never more than about 2oz which was fine for water but I am trying to transition him now and he won't drink more than 2oz of formula out of the sippy either. The whole thing is stressing me out because I wanted him on a sippy before I throw in the switch to wcm. So I don't know...trying to go with flow hoping he drinks more Real milk when I start it this weekend. He eats solids like a champ I'm just afraid he won't drink enough!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My Blog - Random Ramblings
  • We're having lousy luck with the sippy cups so far but our doctor is mellow about them. His goal for dropping the bottle is age 2, although sooner is better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"