Babies: 9 - 12 Months

How early is too early to send invites?

I just got DS's 1st birthday party invites and they are ADORABLE! I'm so excited to send them, but his party isn't until May 27th. Is Monday too early to send them? If so, how long should I wait?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How early is too early to send invites?

• DD's party is May 26th and I sent them out Wednesday.  I think a month is fine, but I have a RSVP date on it, so I wanted to give guests plenty of time to decide and then RSVP.

photo b1f62123-e338-48e2-a2d8-373638902d4d.jpg 

• hsalhsal member
    LO's party isn't until June 10 but bc its her baptism and b'day party, we sent them out yesterday.
  • Loading the player...
  • I sent ours out 5 weeks in advance and put an RSVP date on it about a week ahead of time.  I don't think it is too early to send them out. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • This time of year you should give as much notice as possible-- 4 weeks is good.  People's weekends book up super fast with graduations, vacations, communions, etc.  I sent mine out a few days before Easter and his party is May 6th.  For me, I don't like getting invites 2 wks in advance--I'd prefer 4. 
  • I like four weeks, that gives time for people to check calendars and R.S.V.P.  I also think it's a case of know your guests. I have extended invites up to two months in advance if I know the guests are extremely busy and need a lot of advanced notice.  On the flip side I have had success parties inviting people only a week in advance, of course those were rare in the pre-baby days, I doubt I'll do that any more!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Definitely not too early. I am trying to send mine out 6 weeks in advance (at least), because these holiday season parties will be tough! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"