Secondary IF
Options

injectables + IUI stories???

Hi all! i've got unexplained infertiliy. At 34 I had DS (got BFP first month we tried...all naturally). BFP #2 when DS was 1 yr. old (again all naturally), ended up being a blighted ovum...i had a D&C around 9 weeks. BFP #3 about 6 months later(again all naturally), ended up a chemical preg. I haven't been able to get preg since and that was a year ago. I'm now 37, have had 3 IUIs, all with clomid (even though I'm able to produce 2 follicles on my own each cycle and have reg cycles, hormone levels, and ovulate on my own)...all BFN. I'm going to do injectables + IUI this cycle. Any success stories out there? Any similar stories out there? Could REALLY use some hopeful words from gals in my situation or similar situations!

p.s. my tickers aren't correct...but i don't know how to change them! :(

8/09 DS born, pregnant 1st try with him...he's perfect. 8/10 BFP, 1st try...Blighted Ovum. D&C 10/10. 4/11 BFP...Chemical Pregnancy. 5/12 BFP...FHR 110 at 7 weeks, measured only 6 weeks. No heartbeat at 8 weeks. Miscarriage. 3 IUI cycles with clomid. all BPN. 4th IUI cycle with injectables (follistim 75iu & ovidrel). BFP, ending in miscarriage.

Re: injectables + IUI stories???

• Options

I am so sorry you are going through this :(  And I'm sorry for your losses.  I know this is so difficult.  I haven't been through your situation before, but I know how much unexplained infertility hurts.  Lots of ((hugs)) to you.

If you go in to your profile, top left says "update signature/avatar" and you can delete the ticker url from the bottom.

Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    thank you so much for your reply and help! best wishes to you as well! :)
    8/09 DS born, pregnant 1st try with him...he's perfect. 8/10 BFP, 1st try...Blighted Ovum. D&C 10/10. 4/11 BFP...Chemical Pregnancy. 5/12 BFP...FHR 110 at 7 weeks, measured only 6 weeks. No heartbeat at 8 weeks. Miscarriage. 3 IUI cycles with clomid. all BPN. 4th IUI cycle with injectables (follistim 75iu & ovidrel). BFP, ending in miscarriage.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    just checking to see if the ticker thing worked!
  • Options
    nope.... :(
  • Options
    We've had 2 successes with IUIs (DD #1 was an unmedicated IUI and DD #2 using injectable meds).  Our issue is MFI.  Has YH had a sperm analysis done yet (I'm guess yes since you're talking about doing injectables, which are usually only given by REs)?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Very similar. DS at 34, 2 m/c after. 1st was at 5 weeks (36yr) and 2nd at 17 weeks also 36. Just turned 37 this week and had my first IUI w/ injectibles. After the 2nd m/c I went to an RE to get everything checked. All is well, it's sadly just age. Apparently after 35 it all goes south:(  We're not expecting the IUI's to work, but insurance requires them before going to IVF. Also- my RE doesn't think clomid does much after 35. Injectibles helps marginally. Good luck!

imageimage 

6/20/11 mc @ 5wks
    10/19/11 mc @ 17wks- Trisomy 18
    IUI #1 4/26/12 BFN
    Moving on to IVF in July
    37 with DOR...fabulous
    ER 7/14/12 6R 5F, ET 7/17 3 embies, beta #1 7/26: 147, beta #2 7/28: 326, beta#3 7/30: 422...ugh, beta#4 7/31: 607...hopeful, beta #5 8/2: 1280, beta #6 8/7: 7184 and u/s shows 1 possibly 2 sacs! 8/14 2 beautiful heartbeats! 9/24 we are TEAM BLUE!!!!!

• Options

I did two clomid/IUI cycles that were unsuccessful.  I had two mature follies with each of those.

My third IUI I did injects and also had two mature follies with that cycle and the result of that IUI is in my siggy.  Both took.  : )   GL! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    thanks so much for the stories gals! yes, my DH has had semen analysis and everything is good with him and with me. my RE is actually a little baffled as to why it hasn't happened yet, and really didn't think i'd even need injectables given the fact that nothing is "wrong" and that i have very normal cycles, ovulate at same time every month on my own, and produce 2 follicles on my own each month. it's pretty crazy really. i have faith it's going to happen, though! it's so nice to hear from others...it's hard when you feel like you're some kind of medical mystery! best of luck to everyone!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"