1st Trimester
Options

How ofter

Hi Ladies,

How often do you get ultrasounds. I was hoping to have them rather often....at least once a month.

How often do you have them?

Re: How ofter

• Options
    **How often?? Sorry
  • Options

We will get a dating scan and an anatomy scan at 20 weeks.  Unless there is a problem, you don't get much more than that.  You could pay to go to one of those commercial places that does 3D I suppose.

image pregnancy calendar Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Three is typical for my OB.  I've never heard of anyone getting them once a month unless there were complications.  Insurance probably wouldn't cover it. 

• Options

Varies I think from Doc to Doc. If my 1st would have been a regular pregnancy it would have been the dating u/s. The anatomy u/s and then one more towards the end.

As it turned out, I ended up with the dating one, one at 17 weeks (for bleeding), again at 18 weeks, 20 weeks, and then once every 3 weeks until the end. I ended up being induced 2.5 weeks early for pre-e. But I am not the norm & my fingers are crossed I don't have as many this time! Less is better w/my doctor's office Big Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageredwood807:

Unless you are deemed a high risk pregnancy, only count on about one or maybe two the entire time. 

Actually I am high risk and I won't get my first until the optional NT scan at 12 weeks.  Then I'll get the 20 week a/s, and depending on how the pregnancy is progressing I may not get another u/s.  So high risk doesn't always = more u/s. I will definitely get more NST (non stress tests, you sit in a chair and have bands around your tummy.  One monitors the baby's movement and the other the baby's heart rate.) which is nice to 'check in' on the baby, but those get annoying after a while.  Plus the later u/s aren't that exciting - the baby is so squished in there that it is near impossible to get a clear idea of what's going on in there. 

• Options
    I didn't even get a dating u/s because I knew the exact date of my LMP.  I get one a/s scan at 20 weeks, but that will probably be it.  I was the same way, I thought I was going to get more. :-(  I might get anxious and go get one at one of the imaging centers for fun.
  • Options

With my 1st I had 3.  A dating u/s around 9 weeks, the a/s at 20 weeks and a growth check at 36ish weeks because I was measuring small. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That totally blows...its my first pregnancy so i was under the wrong impression...UGH i wanted to see my little peanut at least once a month...BLAH BLAH BLAH!!! Looking forward to the 20 week ultrasound than :)
  • Options
    I just had a dating U/S and my next one will be the 20 week anatomy scan.

Why do you want one once/month? Unless you are high-risk, it's really not necessary, you know.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 12/20/13 EDD: 08/23/14 (discovered m/c at 8w5d)
    BFP: 09/22/14 EDD: 06/06/15 (hoping for our rainbow)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageAwilburn23:
    That totally blows...its my first pregnancy so i was under the wrong impression...UGH i wanted to see my little peanut at least once a month...BLAH BLAH BLAH!!! Looking forward to the 20 week ultrasound than :)

You sound like a spoiled brat.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 12/20/13 EDD: 08/23/14 (discovered m/c at 8w5d)
    BFP: 09/22/14 EDD: 06/06/15 (hoping for our rainbow)
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"