Late Term and Child Loss

PSA: Greys Anatomy

I have not watched the episode yet but apparently tonight had a late term loss. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up if you were planning to watch. 
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

***Congratulations to my TTCAL buddy Roxyttandme!! It's a GIRL!! Charlotte arrived on 9/29!!!!***
PGaL/PAL Always Welcome!!

Re: PSA: Greys Anatomy

• Thanks. I have about 10 episodes I need to watch on my DVR. A few weeks ago my friend told me she recommended I just delete them but wouldn't say why. Was there another baby loss in the season? Or maybe she just thinks they aren't worth catching up on? 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    IVF #1 BFP b/g twins!; loss at 23 weeks due to I.C. and PTL. IVF #2 BFP 5/26/12; due date 2/6/13; TAC surgery 7/20/12, blessed with another girl & boy! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • It was awful. I had stopped having friends watch the episodes first because it didn't seem like the baby was going to pass anytime soon. I was totally taken aback. Even fast forwarding through it once I knew what was happening didn't help much. I was a wreck. I suggest skipping last nights episode. The baby looked so much like my boys it was heartwrenching. I was having a pretty high anxiety day with this pregnancy anyway. That did not help at all.
    TTC with severe MFI since 9/08 IVF w/ ICSI #1 May/June 2010= BFP twins
    Callan George and Bennett Charles born and died 11/7/10
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    FET #1 April 2011= BFN
    FET #2 July 2011= no transfer because my lining sucked
    FET #3 February 2012= BFP! 1st beta 9dp5dt=314 2nd beta 11dp5dt=977 1st U/S 3/20 Twins- Heart rates of 111 and 138 Pregnancy Ticker
    Living After Losing
  • Loading the player...
  • I watched it and it was upsetting. I am glad that storyline is over. It actually wasn't a loss at birth but the loss of a micro-premie. The baby had been in the NICU for several episodes. 
    Dx: High FSH, stage IV endo, homozygous C677T MTHFR and PAI-1
    Early loss 10/08
    Lap 1/09
    IVF #1 "natural IVF" - 1 egg retrieved, missed m/c
    Tried several mini-stim cycles with no response
    Switched clinics - dx'd as carrier for Fragile X
    IVF #2 MDL protocol Jan/Feb converted to IUI, BFN
    IVF #2 take 2: Antagonist, one embie, BFN
    IVF #3: Antagonist, no fertilization
    One last ditch effort at OE IVF (antagonist with Clomid) cancelled
    DE cycle #1 Jan/Feb 2011, BFP, ectopic
    DE cycle #2 June/July 2011 - BFP
    10/28/11 Baby girl lost at 17 weeks due to pre-term labor. We love and miss you.
    DE cycle #3 June/July 2012 - BFP, twins, both heartbeats stopped, D&C
    2 frosties but don't know what's next
    FET Dec 2012: BFP! Praying this one sticks for the long haul!
  • I cried a little, but it was more when they told her he wouldn't survive. I was surprised that it didn't affect me more, but it was just different for me. I'm not sure how I feel by not being too affected.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Yeah, sorry for the misinformation but I hadn't watched it yet. All I knew was that a couple friends told me it might be hard for me. I actually found it very therapeutic to cry watching it. Then Andrew and I had a nice little chat. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

***Congratulations to my TTCAL buddy Roxyttandme!! It's a GIRL!! Charlotte arrived on 9/29!!!!***
    PGaL/PAL Always Welcome!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"