April 2011 Moms

Baby Gagging Himself

Lil man is gagging himself...quite often now! And he's made himself vomit twice already...the times I couldn't get him to pull his fingers out of his mouth.

Anyone else's kiddo doing this? How do you deal?

Re: Baby Gagging Himself

• Do you think it's teething related? DD did this when she was teething. Luckily, it was a short phase.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh, thank goodness! My DS started doing this a few weeks ago and it freaked me out. He thinks it is funny....oh dear...

I'm trying not to react strongly (so he doesn't do it just to see mommy's reaction), calmly take his hand out and say, "No, Parker, we don't do that" and distract him with something else. It's been working and he's been doing it less but I still hate it.

• Loading the player...
  • My little guy has started doing this too in the past few week and it's driving me nuts!  Like pp, we have been taking his hand out of his mouth and say "no, rawley, we don't do that".  it hasn't really helped with us so I'm not really sure what else to do.  he always does it while he is eating, no other time (so far).  hopefully he will grow out of this stage soon :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    | Olowalu, Maui ~ August 6, 2008 |
    | Family of 4 ~ April 2, 2011 |
    | Family of 5 - October 24, 2012 |
  • All the time, and it is affecting his weight.  I am preying he grows out of it.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • He's doing it less now...he would do it when he was left alone in his pack n play, or when he was in his high chair.

We would just need to distract him...with the ipad or a bottle of milk or I just can't be in the room at all...

Hope everything is going well with you ladies!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"